Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 22 23 24 25 2637 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 12 2008, 1:13 am Echo Post #461

I'm going off in this debate for a second. This video disgusts me, but I am glad that McCain is not like his supporters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6YKOkfFsE
Look at these racists people and how McCain acts.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 1:19 am Centreri Post #462

Relatively ancient and inactive

Lawl. And now you see what kind of people vote for McCain. Retarded American rednecks. Although, to be fair, there are probably some racist Obama-supporters as well.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 1:21 am Echo Post #463

There are many inactive Black Panthers that support Obama. As well as KKK's and Neo Nazis who support McCain. But I support McCain over some political positions.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 1:22 am SilentAlfa Post #464

Everyone is racist, but most people are able to control themselves so they can respect and fairly treat other humans.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 1:24 am Centreri Post #465

There are many inactive Black Panthers that support Obama. As well as KKK's and Neo Nazis who support McCain. But I support McCain over some political positions.
I'll stop pressuring you -_-.

Everyone is racist, but most people are able to control themselves so they can respect and fairly treat other humans.
Depends how you define racist. That you notice race and attribute generalities to it, yes, almost everyone is racist. If it's actually in your actions, then few people [I know] are racist.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 6:01 am Vrael Post #466

1 more for McCain.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 8:25 pm Echo Post #467

I am so angry at the voting system. I went 3 days ago to register at the post office, just like the website said and they said that I can't register there and gave me this mail registar. Now I can't vote until the next 4 years pass. So 1 down for McCain.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 8:47 pm Kaias Post #468

Quote from Centreri
Lawl. And now you see what kind of people vote for McCain. Retarded American rednecks. Although, to be fair, there are probably some racist Obama-supporters as well.
'Racists' are anti-Obama. not necessarily pro-Mccain. In any case, I saw a study a few weeks back that showed that there were an equal number of racist democrats as there were republicans. I'll have to go find that again.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 8:52 pm Centreri Post #469

Really. Because I distinctly remember talking about how all the racists in the world are republicans.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 10:13 pm SilentAlfa Post #470

Quote from Echo
I am so angry at the voting system. I went 3 days ago to register at the post office, just like the website said and they said that I can't register there and gave me this mail registar. Now I can't vote until the next 4 years pass. So 1 down for McCain.

Well, you honestly weren't very well informed about either candidate. It doesn't matter to me who anybody votes for, but it matters why.

None.

Oct 12 2008, 10:24 pm Echo Post #471

Quote from SilentAlfa
Quote from Echo

Well, you honestly weren't very well informed about either candidate. It doesn't matter to me who anybody votes for, but it matters why.
How does me not being able to register have anything to do with being well informed about either canididate? I know enough on the issues I'm worried about.

None.

Oct 13 2008, 12:14 am ClansAreForGays Post #472

Echos starting to make sense. I declare a cease-fire.

Oct 13 2008, 1:25 am SilentAlfa Post #473

How does me not being able to register have anything to do with being well informed about either canididate?

Nothing, but I think poorly-informed people shouldn't vote.

I know enough on the issues I'm worried about.

The way you said Obama will start wars with other countries including our ally, Kuwait, makes me think you really don't.

I declare a cease-fire.

I don't support a time table for withdrawal from this argument

None.

Oct 13 2008, 2:01 am WoAHorde Post #474

Nothing, but I think poorly-informed people shouldn't vote

If they didn't, Democrats would win every election in a landslide.

None.

Oct 13 2008, 11:39 am Centreri Post #475

No, not every election. In other countries, I'd probably have been a republican (and not just because I don't know other countries' politics). It's just that the republicans these days only try to appeal to the stupid side of the US. BACK WHEN I WAS YOUNG....

None.

Oct 15 2008, 5:01 am DaltonSerdynski Post #476

Alright Im registered republican..which I rather be just independent because I have no actual understand of any other the partys. I ask parents for help and they just say democrats are making us pay more taxes. If I ask for reason I get yelled at and conversation over. I also keep hearing about obama is going toe be the end of us if we vote for him (which I think is alittle dramatic to me) says by my hole family and some random (bull engav I cant spell his name right) radio dude. My point on explaining all this to yall is that My parents asked me to vote for mccain this upcomming election and threw a fit as I said I might think about voting for obama. I would like to know the information about obama and mccain and understand this hole thing before I make a mistake. I feel neutral and feel like voting. Seems to be too much drama and I can't get the information I want so Im asking for help. Anyone got a sure idea about both side I would be glad to listen and figure out a choice for the up comming election

None.

Oct 15 2008, 5:27 am WoAHorde Post #477

Quote from DaltonSerdynski
Alright Im registered republican..which I rather be just independent because I have no actual understand of any other the partys. I ask parents for help and they just say democrats are making us pay more taxes. If I ask for reason I get yelled at and conversation over. I also keep hearing about obama is going toe be the end of us if we vote for him (which I think is alittle dramatic to me) says by my hole family and some random (bull engav I cant spell his name right) radio dude. My point on explaining all this to yall is that My parents asked me to vote for mccain this upcomming election and threw a fit as I said I might think about voting for obama. I would like to know the information about obama and mccain and understand this hole thing before I make a mistake. I feel neutral and feel like voting. Seems to be too much drama and I can't get the information I want so Im asking for help. Anyone got a sure idea about both side I would be glad to listen and figure out a choice for the up comming election

Hey DaltonSerdynski, thanks for taking an interest in the election and feel obliged to take place in voting(half of the country doesn't, and then complains when a candidate wins...). Your parents seem to be heavily Conservative, so getting an unbiased opinion out of them isn't the most likely of chances.

The Democratic Party of the United States is generally more liberal, and incorporates mostly women, minorities(African Americans, Asians, and Latinos in large numbers), the post-graduates(4+ years of college), and those in the lower income bracket. Notable Democrats would be Andrew Jackson(1st Democratic President, and founder of the party), Franklin Delano Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama.

The Republican Party is generally more Conservative, and its member base is heavily composed of men, those in the upper income bracket, whites, those with lower education and religious voters. Notable Republicans would be Abraham Lincoln(1st Republican to win a general election), Teddy Roosevelt, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and George W. Bush.

I support Barack Obama because I believe he has the leadership and the plans to build a new economy that is fueled by American labour and innovation. Like all Democratic Presidents of the past 70 years(with the exception of Carter), I believe he will lower or bring to a status quo the national deficit, which has ballooned to inexcusable numbers under the past 8 years. He has a proposed tax cut on Americans making less than 250,000$ a year(the majority), and a slight tax increase on the upper income bracket, and fixing loopholes that allow companies to get away without paying income taxes. His mature approach to foreign affairs and desire to push for better and universal medicare all more factors that I like about the man.

Other than not standing on the same sides of the issues, I dislike John McCain for running an incredibly negative campaign against Obama after pledging not to, picking a VP with essentially no vetting process, and the apparent instability of the man.

I have a more liberal stance, so I advise you check some unbiased websites for no bias.
http://www.issue2008.com/ Candidates and their stances, it's unbiased from what I can tell.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 8:04 am MillenniumArmy Post #478

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Although not entirely accurate, this can give you a good lead as to where you stand in the political world.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 8:33 am MasterJohnny Post #479

Quote from MillenniumArmy
http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Although not entirely accurate, this can give you a good lead as to where you stand in the political world.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46

I say its very accurate ^^

I am a Mathematician

Oct 15 2008, 12:55 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #480

Thanks, horde.

I do hate that there has bein some harsh word about both candidates . I really don't like this election at all Because it feels like a Yo mama show more than a election. People are getting pissed off at republicans people are getting mad at democrats. What the hell happen to just All-American?
I read the issue page by page and saw stuff I did like about Obama and also things I didn't(which nothings perfect) also the same with Mccain. I also feel that this is going to be a very hard decision and going to vote late other than voting today. I really don't like the nuclear power Ideas, Because I feel it may be a bit dangerous in Many Reasons. But I also never had nuclear power and Wouldnt understand most of how it works so I wont bother going over that again.
I really do Like the fact that mcain decides to let us keep are weapons instead of obama getting rid of semi automactics. One reason is that anyone can hide weapons or sell them on the street for a good bit. I could walk down to my friends house and buy a Fully automactic Uzi for around 1500 then go rob someone. Which I feel If bad people can get guns why can't we?
I did Like obamas statement of obortion you know its her bussiness and none of ares. IF a girl doesnt want a baby then they should be able to do something about it. It would be better than them leaving them on the side of the street or killing them while they are alive. Which I can see why people are against it seing that it does kill the child before its born.
Also don't under stand two things where eachers make 30,000 to 40,000 since my mothers a teacher obama wants to give them more pay and help education. But if giving them a raise and giving them high tax, Doesnt that make it cancel out for people make 30,000 to 40,000? Just curious (my opinion just saying)

I could go on, there is a thin line between my choices. I also and pressured to go for Mccain or I could lose connections with family members. I hate that and seriously think its childish to say something like that over a election. I don't hate him and dont care about his religion. But I am in a pickle if I can say.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 22 23 24 25 2637 >
  Back to forum