Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2437 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 9 2008, 11:41 pm Echo Post #421

Obama kept swaying away from questions to go back to answering the previous question, it went no where.

None.

Oct 9 2008, 11:52 pm Centreri Post #422

Relatively ancient and inactive

As someone who thinks that Bush is a good president, I think we can ignore Echo's opinion on the matter. Obama more or less focused on the question at hand. McCain was a bit like Palin, going off on tangents.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 1:25 am Echo Post #423

Anyone who thinks Obama is going to be any better of a president should be ignored too, but this is a discussion so no. Obama is full of fairy tales. Here is the hard truth. Both of the presidential candiates are being supported by huge corporations that pays for their campaigns. Therefore, they will take actions that will take favor for the corporations. Obama promises all these things about the enviroment and all these new things he is going to do. I wonder how long it is going to happen because it will only take place when these oil and energy companies finally decide to research and put money into things that will fix global warming.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 1:56 am Centreri Post #424

And McCain promises I think 25 (40?) new Nuclear reactors. How the hell is he going to finance that? Not to mention that the US hasn't built one in 25 years and lost some of the experience. Both candidates sing fairly tales. But Obama's seem more realistic, his arguments more convincing, and his running mate not retarded.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 4:07 am MasterJohnny Post #425

Quote from Centreri
And McCain promises I think 25 (40?) new Nuclear reactors. How the hell is he going to finance that? Not to mention that the US hasn't built one in 25 years and lost some of the experience. Both candidates sing fairly tales. But Obama's seem more realistic, his arguments more convincing, and his running mate not retarded.

John McCain Will Put His Administration On Track To Construct 45 New Nuclear Power Plants By 2030 With The Ultimate Goal Of Eventually Constructing 100 New Plants.
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/17671aa4-2fe8-4008-859f-0ef1468e96f4.htm

does the running mate actually matter? We need change but echo doesn't see that so i think ill ignore him too...

I am a Mathematician

Oct 10 2008, 4:18 am Echo Post #426

Quote from Centreri
35 Nuclear Reactors. Building reactors is much better and cheaper, and he never said he is going to make them in 1 year. It is a developing progress that would take few years and financing comes from the states too. What is Obama going to do? Where is he getting all these knowledges? My guess is his ass, since he has only 1 year prior to US Senate.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 4:35 am KrayZee Post #427

Since you have absolutely no idea what Obama is planning to do, quit fucking harassing us that lacks any evidence of what is wrong with Barack Obama.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 4:43 am Echo Post #428

Quote from KrayZee
Since you have absolutely no idea what Obama is planning to do, quit fucking harassing us that lacks any evidence of what is wrong with Barack Obama.
Excuse me? That is all you have to say in this serious discussion? Why won't you educate me then? I watched both debates, if they are just saying lies on tv, I don't trust them at all. Exactly if you tell me a whole different thing than what he said on the debate. I also read both parties political position, although I disagree with some things in both parties, I favor McCain.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 5:00 am MasterJohnny Post #429

Quote from Echo
Quote from Centreri
35 Nuclear Reactors. Building reactors is much better and cheaper, and he never said he is going to make them in 1 year. It is a developing progress that would take few years and financing comes from the states too. What is Obama going to do? Where is he getting all these knowledges? My guess is his ass, since he has only 1 year prior to US Senate.
o.o the quote says 45-100 reactors...but um..nobody seems to be afraid of nuclear meltdowns..so I guess numbers don't matter?

I am a Mathematician

Oct 10 2008, 5:06 am Echo Post #430

Quote from MasterJohnny
Quote from Echo
Quote from Centreri
o.o the quote says 45-100 reactors...but um..nobody seems to be afraid of nuclear meltdowns..so I guess numbers don't matter?

I heard 35 on McCain's interviews, most likely a short term one, otherwise I'm mistaken. But you should learn to research nuclear meltdowns. You watch too much movies and things like that. Most Nuclear errors are from faults of technical difficulties which rarely happens. If it was the fact, France, Germany, Britian would be gone by now from nuclear meltdowns.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 11:47 am Darkmapper Post #431

i think obama would be better (my buddys all sais he will gets shooted when hes president cause hes blac :/) but he would fix all the problems at the wallsreet (i think)

None.

Oct 10 2008, 5:16 pm Echo Post #432

Quote from Darkmapper
i think obama would be better (my buddys all sais he will gets shooted when hes president cause hes blac :/) but he would fix all the problems at the wallsreet (i think)
Care to explain why? You can't say something without backing it up. Also, work on your grammars and spelling.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 5:20 pm Darkmapper Post #433

i said that my buddies said that, and not me. Sorry ya i know my english is bad :/

None.

Oct 10 2008, 9:15 pm Centreri Post #434

Shooted ftw. In any case, even if Obama's killed, Biden's capable. If McCain dies of a heart attack (moar likely) we end up with a crazy genuinely religious wacko with almost no prior experience and who can't even handle the media as President. Before Echo says something about the experience, you actually have to show me how Obama can't handle media or is crazy. Otherwise, he's quite a few steps above Palin. And, really, he sounds as good as McCain at debates and such, if not better. I don't think experience will be a big problem.
Nuclear reactors are expensive, each costing billions of dollars. They require more years to build then McCain has in office. And really, echo, you haven't said a thing about Obama yet except that you don't like his arguments. At least point one what you don't like.. it's very annoying arguing like this. You're saying you know everything about both of them but decline to say anything.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 10 2008, 9:26 pm by Centreri.

None.

Oct 10 2008, 11:04 pm ClansAreForGays Post #435

Quote from Echo
Care to explain why? You can't say something without backing it up.
lol, why not? You do it all the time!
Anyone who thinks Obama is going to be any better of a president should be ignored
Obama is full of fairy tales.
Here is the hard truth.
Warning! The following is HARD TRUTH! Apparently the difference between 'hard' truth and regular truth is you don't/can't backup 'hard' truth.
Both of the presidential candiates are being supported by huge corporations that pays for their campaigns. Therefore, they will take actions that will take favor for the corporations. Obama promises all these things about the enviroment and all these new things he is going to do. I wonder how long it is going to happen because it will only take place when these oil and energy companies finally decide to research and put money into things that will fix global warming.
Care to back any of that up? You don't have to, but don't tell other people to when you can't.

Oct 11 2008, 3:21 am Echo Post #436

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Echo
Care to explain why? You can't say something without backing it up.
lol, why not? You do it all the time!
Anyone who thinks Obama is going to be any better of a president should be ignored
Obama is full of fairy tales.
Here is the hard truth.
Warning! The following is HARD TRUTH! Apparently the difference between 'hard' truth and regular truth is you don't/can't backup 'hard' truth.
Both of the presidential candiates are being supported by huge corporations that pays for their campaigns. Therefore, they will take actions that will take favor for the corporations. Obama promises all these things about the enviroment and all these new things he is going to do. I wonder how long it is going to happen because it will only take place when these oil and energy companies finally decide to research and put money into things that will fix global warming.
Care to back any of that up? You don't have to, but don't tell other people to when you can't.

These are just "Top Contributors"
Obama
Goldman Sachs $739,521
University of California $697,506
Harvard University $501,489
Citigroup Inc $492,548
Google Inc $487,355
JPMorgan Chase & Co $475,112
National Amusements Inc $432,169
Microsoft Corp $429,656
UBS AG $419,550
Lehman Brothers $391,774
Wilmerhale Llp $383,024
Time Warner $375,063
Sidley Austin LLP $370,916
Skadden, Arps et al $360,409
Stanford University $341,399
Morgan Stanley $341,380
Latham & Watkins $328,879
Jones Day $309,960
University of Chicago $294,237
General Electric $290,584

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00009638

McCain
Merrill Lynch $349,170
Citigroup Inc $287,801
Morgan Stanley $249,377
Goldman Sachs $220,045
JPMorgan Chase & Co $206,392
AT&T Inc $183,663
Credit Suisse Group $175,503
PricewaterhouseCoopers $163,670
Blank Rome LLP $153,426
US Government $152,118
US Army $150,470
Wachovia Corp $147,456
Greenberg Traurig LLP $145,737
UBS AG $141,365
Bank of America $133,975
FedEx Corp $121,904
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher $120,246
US Dept of Defense $118,125
Lehman Brothers $115,707
Bear Stearns $108,000
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cycle=2008&cid=N00006424

You notice how both canidates are recieving funds from similar companies. And plus, you don't know how much they recieve under the tables, politics is all about money.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2008, 3:30 am by Echo.

None.

Oct 11 2008, 1:38 pm Centreri Post #437

.. Okay. That's nice. We know both candidates get money from corporations. Everyone knows it. Do you have anything else against Obama, except him getting more donations?

None.

Oct 11 2008, 7:36 pm Echo Post #438

Quote from Centreri
.. Okay. That's nice. We know both candidates get money from corporations. Everyone knows it. Do you have anything else against Obama, except him getting more donations?
I guess you didn't get my point. I said their political position is based on who they get their donations from. As I pointed earlier, Obama isn't really going to do anything to change the environmental problems until the corporations decides to come up with something. Especially coal, oil, and energy companies.

None.

Oct 11 2008, 8:00 pm Centreri Post #439

Honestly, if McCain were any better, he'd have used that as an argument already. A candidates position on issues is not composed merely of who donated. And you have to remember, I'm guessing the vast majority of his multi-hundred-million donations weren't from corporations at all.

None.

Oct 11 2008, 8:08 pm Echo Post #440

Most of it are from people who donated to his campaign but the corporations also play a role in their political positions. All the American citizens really care about is healthcare, taxes, and oil prices, mainly.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 20 21 22 23 2437 >
  Back to forum