Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Jan 8 2009, 12:37 am Syphon Post #721

I miss the gold standard.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 12:45 am KrayZee Post #722

One more day.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 12:53 am MillenniumArmy Post #723

before the US is doomed?

jk, yea just one more day. I am currently watching basketball and they keep talking about how all the african american athletes are like super excited that Barack obama is going to be our next president.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 2:43 am Centreri Post #724

Relatively ancient and inactive

I don't know what the fuss about inauguration day is about. The speech is going to be rather dull, but is predictably designed to bolster our spirits. Then we get in the White House a democrat - a flawed member of a flawed party. The one thing I can say for Barack Obama is that he's better then John McCain and George W. Bush.

And I'm not to sure where I'd put him in relation to Hillary Clinton, who's had much more experience and has solid views instead of those that fluctuate depending on what'll get him ahead.

It was an election between a horrible choice and a decent one. Nothing to celebrate, really. Best thing for me is that we get one hour off in school to watch the inauguration :P.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 4:33 am Kellimus Post #725

Quote from Centreri
I don't know what the fuss about inauguration day is about. The speech is going to be rather dull, but is predictably designed to bolster our spirits. Then we get in the White House a democrat - a flawed member of a flawed party. The one thing I can say for Barack Obama is that he's better then John McCain and George W. Bush.

And I'm not to sure where I'd put him in relation to Hillary Clinton, who's had much more experience and has solid views instead of those that fluctuate depending on what'll get him ahead.

It was an election between a horrible choice and a decent one. Nothing to celebrate, really. Best thing for me is that we get one hour off in school to watch the inauguration :P.

Oh so you mean like the last two elections?

None.

Jan 20 2009, 6:43 am KrayZee Post #726

Quote from Centreri

Then you don't know the fuss of swearing-in since 219 years ago. You never thought of the word rehearsal. Obama > You. If Democracy is flawed, then you never seen how disastrously flawed the republican party is.

Democrats wanted to hear the truth and change, not lies.

No, it was an election between a smart person and a George Bush clone.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 6:50 am Kellimus Post #727

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Centreri

Then you don't know the fuss of swearing-in since 219 years ago. You never thought of the word rehearsal. Obama > You. If Democracy is flawed, then you never seen how disastrously flawed the republican party is.

How is it smart to spend Trillions of dollars doing the same thing we've BEEN doing?

Obama was the lesser of two evils and is going to ruin this country.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 5:30 pm MillenniumArmy Post #728

Omg Obama forgot the words during the Oath swearing in process :omfg: !

Anyways, congratulations Mr. President you are now our 44th Commander in Chief. Now let's see where you'll take us.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 6:10 pm KrayZee Post #729

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Centreri

How is it smart to spend Trillions of dollars doing the same thing we've BEEN doing?

dot dot dot

Quote from MillenniumArmy

Anyways, congratulations Mr. President you are now our 44th Commander in Chief. Now let's see where you'll take us.
That proves that he's human.

Like you said, congratulations Mr. President!

None.

Jan 20 2009, 6:22 pm Doodan Post #730

I went to a party last night, and one fellow, who wasn't shy about his support for McCain, was very sober in his hopes that Obama can keep the promises he'd been making. I responded with an agreement that he's human, he will make mistakes, and so will everyone around him from time to time. But the crucial difference between Obama and someone like Bush is that Obama is the type of person who can make smooth communications with other nations and encourage an environment where we help one another here and around the globe. If Obama faces problems he can't handle, he has succeeded in making many friends, and I think that shows that any errors in the course will be quickly and graciously corrected.

I really liked his inauguration speech. I could listen to that man talk all day. :P

None.

Jan 20 2009, 6:54 pm Impeached Post #731

I could listen to that man talk all day.
He's so charasmatic it's scary.

note: the above is a lighthearted comment, intended to be interpreted as one.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 9:56 pm Centreri Post #732

Relatively ancient and inactive

I hope so. I would've fallen asleep if it weren't so impolite. The teacher kept trying to yell 'woo' and start banging on the table during the 'good parts'. As it was, it was as I had expected. Lots of talk about the problems, he will fix it, he will fight for American ideals.

"We will not choose between ideals and security" - no one's telling you to. They're telling you to not kill thousands of people over your "ideals". Predictable.

Krayzee, think what you want. Democrats aren't angels. Neither is Obama. He has flip-flopped a lot, he doesn't say much (though much more then McCain), etc. I'll be looking at his foreign policy.

None.

Jan 20 2009, 11:08 pm Kellimus Post #733

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Kellimus
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Centreri

dot dot dot

Quote from MillenniumArmy

That proves that he's human.

Like you said, congratulations Mr. President!

Instead of spamming with the 'dot dot dot' why don't you have an intelligible debate as to why you believe spending Trillions of dollars doing the same thing we have for the past 20+ years is a 'good thing'??

None.

Jan 21 2009, 12:36 am JaBoK Post #734

Quote from Centreri
I hope so. I would've fallen asleep if it weren't so impolite. The teacher kept trying to yell 'woo' and start banging on the table during the 'good parts'. As it was, it was as I had expected. Lots of talk about the problems, he will fix it, he will fight for American ideals.

"We will not choose between ideals and security" - no one's telling you to. They're telling you to not kill thousands of people over your "ideals". Predictable.

Krayzee, think what you want. Democrats aren't angels. Neither is Obama. He has flip-flopped a lot, he doesn't say much (though much more then McCain), etc. I'll be looking at his foreign policy.
"We will not choose between ideals and security" He was implying that the war in Iraq went against US ideals. That's actually something he needs to show an opinion on, for the record.

Anyways, this was Obama's first speech that I actually genuinely liked, though being a Canadian I haven't seen them all. He actually stated that he was going to do some things that might make some people unhappy, and he actually provided reasoning for it. In addition to this, he presented the fact that the recent problems have been the fault of the American people as well as the American government, and he also stated that yes, they can do it, but no, it won't be easy and it won't be orchestrated from above like some puppet show. I also really liked his pragmatic approach to government, and his willingness to flip-flop between center and right policies based on what appears to be most needed. He doesn't have a dogma to adhere to, which in my opinion makes him a more effective leader.

That being said, the mistake in his oath was the fault of the judge dude, and not Obama, from the look of it.

None.

Jan 21 2009, 3:08 am KrayZee Post #735

Quote from Centreri
No shit? Jimmy Carter is a joke.

Quote from Kellimus
Instead of spamming with the 'dot dot dot' why don't you have an intelligible debate as to why you believe spending Trillions of dollars doing the same thing we have for the past 20+ years is a 'good thing'??
Judging from Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, or George W. Bush?

And I only wrote 'dot dot dot' because I don't want to waste my time.

None.

Jan 21 2009, 3:47 am Kellimus Post #736

Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Centreri

Quote from Kellimus

So you'd rather spam. Nice.

I voted for Obama cause McCain can't even run Arizona correctly (that's where I was living when I voted) so I voted for someone I thought could run this country better.

Still was a choice between the lesser of two evils though.

None.

Jan 21 2009, 3:21 pm KrayZee Post #737

Quote from Kellimus
Quote from KrayZee
Quote from Centreri

Quote from Kellimus

So you'd rather spam. Nice.

I voted for Obama cause McCain can't even run Arizona correctly (that's where I was living when I voted) so I voted for someone I thought could run this country better.

Still was a choice between the lesser of two evils though.
So it's spam after I wrote "Judging from" what President?

It's not spam if I don't want to argue, because I had enough of arguing from this topic and enough from you (From wherever, you attention wh*re). The election is OVER since two months ago, we will go through his policies.

None.

Jan 21 2009, 6:20 pm ClansAreForGays Post #738

If Obama was really Lincoln-ish, he'd resurrect the Green Backs, and then even conspiracy nuts like kelli would love him.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 35 36 37
  Back to forum