Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 24 25 26 27 2837 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 18 2008, 6:49 pm Echo Post #501

Quote from Hug A Zergling
It does affect things. Our trade with the US, and whether or not we keep troops in Iraq.
There is less than 3000 Canadian troops in Iraq, all they have been really doing is security of their bases and some local towns. The Canadians need our trades with the United States, we are one of the top buyers of Canada's product, Shampoo, and wood supplies (Paper, etc). But Canada has nothing really important about this topic, McCain or Obama.

None.

Oct 18 2008, 6:53 pm dumbducky Post #502

Out of curiosity, what's the new Canadian President's attitude toward the US?

tits

Oct 18 2008, 7:05 pm Centreri Post #503

Relatively ancient and inactive

It doesn't really matter. Canada has too much at stake to be a partial ally of the US. It's by far the largest trading partner, the only security guarantor, etc. Canada can't afford to express great disdain towards the US or legislators can really make life harder.

None.

Oct 18 2008, 10:04 pm dumbducky Post #504

I'd still like to know.

tits

Oct 19 2008, 3:50 am Hug A Zergling Post #505

Quote from dumbducky
Err...We don't have presidents :ermm:

Stephen Harpers pretty much US's bitch. The conservatives want nothing more then to be good buddy-buddy with the United States.
I hope at least were owned by Obama, not McCain.

None.

Oct 19 2008, 7:00 am JaBoK Post #506

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Quote from dumbducky
Err...We don't have presidents :ermm:

Stephen Harpers pretty much US's bitch. The conservatives want nothing more then to be good buddy-buddy with the United States.
I hope at least were owned by Obama, not McCain.
He's a George Bush wannabe, but the other candidates suck so hard that he gets away with being prime minister >.<

None.

Oct 19 2008, 2:46 pm Vi3t-X Post #507

You must understand a few things.

First of all, everyone does know that an election means nothing?

Its now how many good ideas you have, or what kickass things that your team is going to do.

Its about how well you pursaude the public.

Also: Both Canadian and US industries rely heavily on eachother.
First of all, we're both G8 Nations meaning, we're rich as hell.

81% of Canadian exports go directly to the US.
67% of the US' exports go directly to Canada, and thus, we are strict trading parters.

If you vote Obama, certainly the healthcare system will be similar to Canada and Britain.
Vice Versa for McCain.

The US relies heavily on Canadian Agricultural exports, 50% and over.
Canada relies on 20% of US Agricultural products.

Both Canada and the US are also interlocked in "Defensive Procedures" and Military Objectives (although there are disputes)
WW1, WW2 and the Cold War are certain examples. Disputes however refrence the VietNam War and Iraq War.

Quote from name:Wikipedia
The U.S. is Canada's largest foreign investor; at the end of 1999, the stock of U.S. direct investment was estimated at $116.7 billion, or about 72% of total foreign direct investment in Canada. U.S. investment is primarily in Canada's mining and smelting industries, petroleum, chemicals, the manufacture of machinery and transportation equipment, and finance.

Canada is the third-largest foreign investor in the United States. At the end of 1999, the stock of Canadian direct investment in the United States was estimated at $90.4 billion. Canadian investment in the United States is concentrated in manufacturing, wholesale trade, real estate, petroleum, finance, and insurance and other services

Linky Linky!
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_%E2%80%93_United_States_relations

Oct 19 2008, 3:32 pm Centreri Post #508

First of all, we're both G8 Nations meaning, we're rich as hell.
And yet, this very same G8 doesn't include China. I don't think anyone would accuse the US of being particularly rich right now, if you refer to governmental fund reserves. And, really, that's what rich would mean. China would be #1 in that category, ie the richest country. Next would come Japan, which is a G8 member, and then Russia, which is a half-member - It's part of the G8, but not part of the G7, which both serve the exact same function, the only difference being whether Russia's there. In fact, Canada is either the 13th largest economy or the 14th, depending which agency you ask. That's not rich as hell even GDP-wise. And it's 28th in currency reserves.
67% of the US' exports go directly to Canada, and thus, we are strict trading parters.
Source. I rather doubt that the 13 billion GDP, 300 million population US exports 67% of everything it makes to a country with a GDP of less then 1.3 billion and a population of less then 50 million. Not enough consumers.

Both Canada and the US are also interlocked in "Defensive Procedures" and Military Objectives (although there are disputes)
WW1, WW2 and the Cold War are certain examples
Canada is the US's... I won't say bitch, but it fits. While Canada may brag about any defensive procedures and whatever else security things they're in, the US provides almost all of the technology, funding and action for everything security-related.
First of all, everyone does know that an election means nothing?
Its now how many good ideas you have, or what kickass things that your team is going to do.
Its about how well you pursaude the public.
Yes, I think everyone on SEN understands that Americans are stupid and vote for the guy with the best hair.

None.

Oct 19 2008, 5:24 pm Vi3t-X Post #509

You know, its very possible.

Wiki links are cool. And outside of that, you'd have to look through Exports Canada and/or the US equivilant.

None.

Oct 19 2008, 5:53 pm Centreri Post #510

Wiki links are cool. And outside of that, you'd have to look through Exports Canada and/or the US equivilant.
I'd looked through the links, and you didn't understand what they said.
Quote from Wikipedia
and 67% of Canada's imports are from the United States.
That's what wikipedia says. That is not the same thing as
Quote from Vi3t-x
67% of the US' exports go directly to Canada
Not by a long shot.

None.

Oct 19 2008, 6:16 pm Echo Post #511

67% of Canadian's import? More likely 67% of Timber goes directly to the United States. Wikipedia is too generic and needs to specify, after all, Wiki = What I Know Is Pedia.org.

None.

Oct 19 2008, 6:20 pm Centreri Post #512

67% of Canadian's import? More likely 67% of Timber goes directly to the United States. Wikipedia is too generic and needs to specify, after all, Wiki = What I Know Is Pedia.org.
.... It's saying that the United States exports 67% of Canada's imports. Nothing to do with Canadian exports.

None.

Oct 19 2008, 6:26 pm Echo Post #513

Got my words mixed up. But even though, 67% of the overall exports of the US definitely does not go to Canada.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 4:00 am Falkoner Post #514

I'm just wondering... What the heck does Canada have to do with the US presidents? They really have no different stance about them..

I support Barack Obama because I believe he has the leadership and the plans to build a new economy that is fueled by American labour and innovation. Like all Democratic Presidents of the past 70 years(with the exception of Carter), I believe he will lower or bring to a status quo the national deficit, which has ballooned to inexcusable numbers under the past 8 years. He has a proposed tax cut on Americans making less than 250,000$ a year(the majority), and a slight tax increase on the upper income bracket, and fixing loopholes that allow companies to get away without paying income taxes. His mature approach to foreign affairs and desire to push for better and universal medicare all more factors that I like about the man.

There's actually a major difference between people earning just about 250k and those who are way above it, being just on the edge makes you still have the higher bracket, but you still don't have the kind of money to manage to hide it from the government like millionaires do.

Oh, and I'd just like to comment about all the attacks on McCain's age.. You might have noticed his mom was standing in a lot of his shots on TV, I'd say that if his mother is still alive and healthy, chances are he can last another 4 years.

But I also never had nuclear power and Wouldnt understand most of how it works so I wont bother going over that again.

It's a bit late to sway you, however, nuclear power is made out to be a lot more dangerous than it is, one nuclear meltdown is not going to bring this whole country down, it may cause some problems, but it's not that huge of an issue, not to mention the likelihood that there would be a meltdown is extremely small. I think that what we really need is to get rid of the laws against Breeder plants, as that would make a huge difference in waste and production of nuclear powerplants.

None.

Oct 20 2008, 8:19 pm Centreri Post #515

There's actually a major difference between people earning just about 250k and those who are way above it, being just on the edge makes you still have the higher bracket, but you still don't have the kind of money to manage to hide it from the government like millionaires do.
And the more you have, the more you pay. Hence 'percentages'.

Oh, and I'd just like to comment about all the attacks on McCain's age.. You might have noticed his mom was standing in a lot of his shots on TV, I'd say that if his mother is still alive and healthy, chances are he can last another 4 years.
Sure, let's bet a superpower's future on 'chances are'.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 2:35 am WoAHorde Post #516

Oh, and I'd just like to comment about all the attacks on McCain's age.. You might have noticed his mom was standing in a lot of his shots on TV, I'd say that if his mother is still alive and healthy, chances are he can last another 4 years

After having Cancer four times, your life expectancy drops. It is highly probable that McCain will suffer a major health issue or death within the next 4 years.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 2:42 am Vi3t-X Post #517

Life Expectancy.

Besides, most people aren't voting for McCain. They're voting for Palin. :bleh:

None.

Oct 21 2008, 4:14 am KrayZee Post #518

Quote from Vi3t-X
Life Expectancy.

Besides, most people aren't voting for McCain. They're voting for Palin. :bleh:
Then I deserve to be a qualified astronaut if I can see the lunar moon from Earth.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 9:10 pm Centreri Post #519

Speaking of Palin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9V_aOCga0
She can see Russia? RUSSIA CAN SEE HER!
Additionally, some more awesome stuff:
Quote from ">http://www.russiatoday.com/news/news/32134]
”Dear friend,
Today I am reaching out to you to ask you to sign and return the enclosed 2008 pledge of support along with a campaign contribution of $US 35, 50, 100, 500, 1000, 2.500 or even 5.000 to the McCain-Palin victory 2008.”
That was sent to Russia's UN ambassador, Vitaly Churkin. Sadly, they're treating it as if it was a mistake.
After having Cancer four times, your life expectancy drops. It is highly probable that McCain will suffer a major health issue or death within the next 4 years.
Four times? I knew he had some skin cancerous malady, but wasn't aware he had it four times :lol: .

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 21 2008, 9:26 pm by Centreri.

None.

Oct 21 2008, 10:07 pm ClansAreForGays Post #520

Viet's mentally handicapped comments are just too mind numbing for me to ever want to read through this topic again.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 24 25 26 27 2837 >
  Back to forum