Staredit Network > Forums > Serious Discussion > Topic: Obama or McCain?
Obama or McCain?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 4 2008, 6:22 am
By: MillenniumArmy
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2737 >

Polls
Who would you pick?
Who would you pick?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Obama 100

80%
None.
McCain 26

21%
None.
Please login to vote.
Poll has 126 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Oct 15 2008, 5:36 pm dumbducky Post #481

There's this thing called voting anonymously, it's been around since 1789. You don't have to tell anyone who you vote for, and nobody can watch you vote or cast your ballot.

How old are you?

tits

Oct 15 2008, 5:46 pm Echo Post #482

I hate how some people thinks that being a democrat and an Obama supporter is the right thing. But people are entitled to their own opinion. I never said McCain is the right way, but Obama isn't too.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 6:00 pm ClansAreForGays Post #483

Quote from DaltonSerdynski
Also don't under stand two things where eachers make 30,000 to 40,000 since my mothers a teacher obama wants to give them more pay and help education. But if giving them a raise and giving them high tax, Doesnt that make it cancel out for people make 30,000 to 40,000? Just curious (my opinion just saying)
No, you don't get it. He's only raising your taxes if you make more than $250,000. $40k is nowhere near $250k.

I could go on, there is a thin line between my choices. I also and pressured to go for Mccain or I could lose connections with family members. I hate that and seriously think its childish to say something like that over a election. I don't hate him and dont care about his religion. But I am in a pickle if I can say.
You do know voting is anonymous? No one will ever know who you voted for.

Oct 15 2008, 9:08 pm DaltonSerdynski Post #484

First time voting XD sheesh! didnt know

and after reading the issue and listening to a couple of conversations of the last debates I decided to vote today :)

None.

Oct 15 2008, 9:23 pm Centreri Post #485

Relatively ancient and inactive

FOR WHO!? IT BETTER BE OBAMA! :P

I hate how some people thinks that being a democrat and an Obama supporter is the right thing. But people are entitled to their own opinion. I never said McCain is the right way, but Obama isn't too.
You really didn't argue eloquently enough, providing enough arguments. I think that America needs to enter a recuperation stage right now after the last eight years of being extreeeemely meddlesome. Work on its own stuff. Present it to the teacher for extra credit points. Then, when it's back to normal it can start bossing other countries around and kicking Arabic/Slavic ass. If it keeps overextending, the teacher will send it to the corner - and it won't be able to get out in time to compete with China and other emerging powers in tandem.

None.

Oct 15 2008, 9:52 pm dumbducky Post #486

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Also don't under stand two things where eachers make 30,000 to 40,000 since my mothers a teacher obama wants to give them more pay and help education. But if giving them a raise and giving them high tax, Doesnt that make it cancel out for people make 30,000 to 40,000? Just curious (my opinion just saying)
No, you don't get it. He's only raising your taxes if you make more than $250,000. $40k is nowhere near $250k.
Not really true. He's raising social security and dividend taxes, which, contrary to liberal belief, affects people of all tax brackets. And in this economy, it's hard to believe a tax increase will help at all.

tits

Oct 16 2008, 12:37 am SilentAlfa Post #487

He's raising social security and dividend taxes [for] people of all tax brackets

Source? And not from a Republican blog.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 2:49 am MillenniumArmy Post #488

So... that was a pretty good debate.

This was McCain's best performance. CNN experts have been saying that McCain had the edge over Obama for like the first 30 minutes, saying that McCain's policies on the economy were far favorable. However, as the debate went on, McCain seemed to have dragged out many of the discussions, thus giving Obama a chance to strike back, as what many panelists have said he's done.

My favorite moment was when John McCain at the end said "I am not President Bush." I was waiting so damn long for McCain to say something regarding this. This whole time, people have been accusing him of being a third Bush term and finally he's gotten the chance to defend himself. Whether he holds true to that word I don't know, but McCain has finally stepped it up by defending himself over such a crucial point, as he should if he ever wants to become our next president.

I didn't really watch the whole thing, but just from watching half of it, I'll say that both Candidates did well.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 2:58 am Echo Post #489

McCain is definitely not Bush. He is more like a radical Republican.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 3:29 pm Sael Post #490

I think both candidates did pretty poorly (Obama relatively to his first two performances, and while McCain was slightly better than in his past performances, he still wasn't good enough). Also, did you notice how during the bit about the "ugly" campaigning, McCain was talking about Obama's associations to Bill, and in the next, he moved (without any transition whatsoever) into saying, "but my campaign is actually about the economy." Really? Because I've seen so much talk from you about the economy in the past few weeks, bud. Ah wait, here it is:

"And it's not the fact -- it's not the fact that Senator Obama chooses to associate with a guy who in 2001 said that he wished he had have bombed more, and he had a long association with him. It's the fact that all the -- all of the details need to be known about Senator Obama's relationship with them and with ACORN and the American people will make a judgment.

And my campaign is about getting this economy back on track, about creating jobs, about a brighter future for America. And that's what my campaign is about and I'm not going to raise taxes the way Senator Obama wants to raise taxes in a tough economy. And that's really what this campaign is going to be about."

None.

Oct 16 2008, 8:07 pm Vi3t-X Post #491

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97

None.

Oct 16 2008, 8:58 pm SilentAlfa Post #492

McCain had an extremely strong start, IMHO, but he lost when he took Obama's bait and was goaded into talking about Ayers.

Oct 16 2008, 9:02 pm Centreri Post #493

Relatively ancient and inactive

I really didn't see anything about McCain that special. He was making some idiotic arguments about some Joe the Plumber (which prompted Obama to do so as well.. well, it added some not-monotonity). McCain didn't seem to have a head start to me, but maybe I really AM biased about it.

None.

Oct 16 2008, 10:32 pm dumbducky Post #494

Quote from Echo
McCain is definitely not Bush. He is more like a radical Republican.
More like a radically liberal Republican.
Quote from Vi3t-X
Congratulations! Nobody cares!

tits

Oct 17 2008, 2:26 pm KrayZee Post #495

Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign

None.

Oct 17 2008, 5:54 pm Echo Post #496

McCain Obama Roost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ-XOVmNia0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5YJkhizRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SkFjTCscM4

Both candidates really have some humor.

None.

Oct 17 2008, 9:40 pm Vi3t-X Post #497

Quote from dumbducky
Quote from Vi3t-X
Congratulations! Nobody cares!
I care... And so do the people who wrote that test. :omfg:

None.

Oct 18 2008, 3:41 am JaBoK Post #498

That's cause nothing changed. I'm Canadian, and the reason for all this crap is the poor election system. The majority of Canadians want a conservative government, but the other parties keep on winning seats, and Harper is just too dumb to get the votes of people who base their vote on Prime Minster instead of party platform or local candidates. In any case, now the Conservatives can go back to freely using confidence bills to win, since the only way to oppose a conservative legislation is for the liberals to vote against, which means that they'd have to call another election, which won't happen till next year at the very least, since the Liberal party is doing terribly. As far as I'm concerned, this is a good thing, because it'll give the conservatives another chance at getting one of the few good aspects of their platform in place, which is harsher sentencing for violent crimes, youth criminals and some other specific infractions. Their idea which I would completely agree with is that instead of the traditional Canadian system which protects the rights of the criminal to such an extent as to deny rights to victims, they would focus on prevention and incarceration, with a focus on the rights of the public and the victims. Anyways, I digress, but in all, the Canadian election was almost a non-election, save for another reminder of how ridiculous it is for a province to have a national party.

None.

Oct 18 2008, 4:23 am WoAHorde Post #499

Quote from Hug A Zergling
Canada just had an election, and no one seems to care about that...

The Canadian Prime Minister doesn't exactly cause global repercussions and make decisions that can affect billions of human beings,

None.

Oct 18 2008, 1:29 pm Hug A Zergling Post #500

It does affect things. Our trade with the US, and whether or not we keep troops in Iraq.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 23 24 25 26 2737 >
  Back to forum