Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Trouble with triggers
Trouble with triggers
Apr 25 2009, 8:04 pm
By: Jello-Jigglers  

Apr 25 2009, 8:04 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #1



Ok so i've got a complex sort of if-then system going, and it's hard to tell if every trigger I want to fire is actually firing. Right now, I'm going through all my triggers, adding in a disp n followed by a wait 1000 at the top. Then I put the n in the comment so I can run the game, and see which are firing, and then go back and analyze what order things are happening.

Is there an easier way to do this?



None.

Apr 25 2009, 8:11 pm Falkoner Post #2



Not really, no :P



None.

Apr 25 2009, 8:25 pm NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Problem with display text is that you can only monitor one human player at a time, or you won't get the real order.
If order is critical for a system I sometimes create ground units over water to get an error. I can even name these units to get an idea which trigger it is.




Apr 25 2009, 8:50 pm Jello-Jigglers Post #4



Quote from NudeRaider
Problem with display text is that you can only monitor one human player at a time, or you won't get the real order.
If order is critical for a system I sometimes create ground units over water to get an error. I can even name these units to get an idea which trigger it is.
Thanks!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[02:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: DarkenedFantasies, O)FaRTy1billion[MM]