Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Badlands ramp
Badlands ramp
Jun 5 2008, 3:33 am
By: Twitch  

Jun 5 2008, 3:33 am Twitch Post #1



Well I thought I would try a bit of badlands work.Here is what I got.

So yeah tell me how I did.(I bet I suck at terrain :P)



None.

Jun 5 2008, 3:40 am stickynote Post #2



Alright, I don't think I've ever seen short structure ramps for low structure. I'm not going to say you suck, because you did say you were only fiddling around with badlands. Maybe those blocks can be removed, but, it can otherwise be easily covered up with sprites.



None.

Jun 5 2008, 4:54 am Falkoner Post #3



So, basically you took the mini-temple blend and tried to make ramps for it? From what I can see, it looks fine, a little too blocky for my liking though, it might be impossible to fix that though.



None.

Jun 5 2008, 5:05 pm Zergblender Post #4



I've done those ramps alot, there's a slight bit you can cover up some blocks, but you'll never get rid of them.



None.

Jun 5 2008, 5:53 pm New-Guy Post #5



I think the best way to cover it would be with sprites. But that's a really good blend.



None.

Jun 8 2008, 5:46 am ATG Post #6



When I saw I told myself "Thats like a giant stepped on it! LOL" but it really looks nice.I don't think this could beecome better blended in any place.



None.

Jun 8 2008, 6:05 am JaBoK Post #7



IMO, instead of trying for no height, try half height, so basically take the standard thing and move everything one square horizontally, and then blend it, so that it's shorter but not totally short. You might be able to get something like that, that isn't blocky



None.

Jun 23 2008, 3:53 am Twitch Post #8



I can probably fix the ramp a bit ,but can someone give me a better side piece?I was trying to find a better one and failed =[.



None.

Jun 23 2008, 2:04 pm Axii Post #9



It looks good in some places, A little blocky here and there, but overall Fine, Thou Looks a tad weird with little to no height.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lil-Inferno, Wing Zero