Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Help with a map im working on
Help with a map im working on
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 10 2010, 1:42 pm
By: factor  

Feb 10 2010, 1:42 pm factor Post #1



Hey, I'm making a map where all the units are white and the minimap is just white, making it hard to see. Any ideas on how to prevent players from shift-tabbing to see where enemies are? I'm hoping there would be an EUD for the minimap state but I looked at the DB and could not find. I know that EUD wouldnt be able to do anything multiplayer related, but just making it really annoying for the player who does it would be helpful (playing sounds, text messages)



None.

Feb 10 2010, 1:44 pm Biophysicist Post #2



Only thing you can do is what you thought of: EUD to annoy the player who shift-tabbed. Or you could desync them.



None.

Feb 10 2010, 1:45 pm factor Post #3



Yes I figured as much, but I have no clue how to find EUD's, I use the EUD DB when I need any



None.

Feb 10 2010, 2:23 pm factor Post #4



Uh Nvm i became unlazy i found the address that holds minimap state (shit-tab )
006D5BBE
0 is normal
1 is minimap colors yellow for ally red for enemie
2 is same as 1, but unit colors in game change as well



None.

Feb 10 2010, 2:36 pm Sacrieur Post #5

Still Napping

Why can't y'know, just turn on fog of war.



None.

Feb 10 2010, 2:49 pm factor Post #6



Because you have vision of whole map and its completely white, not black



None.

Feb 10 2010, 4:36 pm NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You could always center their screen somewhere and hope they can handle minimap only play worse than main screen only. ;)




Feb 10 2010, 4:42 pm factor Post #8



I ended up getting it working, If someone changes their minimap state i centered their vision randomly around map and spammed text. The gametype is cnm so theres alot of clicking on pylons so im not worried about them using minimap to control Thx for help



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, MarineElite