Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Getting in-game text to display longer
Getting in-game text to display longer
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 27 2010, 8:32 pm
By: ClansAreForGays  

Jan 27 2010, 8:32 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1



Any tricks you can suggest?




Jan 27 2010, 8:56 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Display text lasts based on the number of characters. Add colors to the end to make it longer (waste more string space, though).



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 27 2010, 9:05 pm Neki Post #3



I usually just add a bunch of enters until I'm on the 11th line, it makes it display for a pretty long time. So basically, what rockz recommended, I suppose invisible colours would be easier to see than the enters though when you're looking at the trigger. I think that's the only way you could do it besides repeating what is said on the screen.



None.

Jan 27 2010, 10:04 pm Lanthanide Post #4



Ahh, I didn't know this. Thanks!



None.

Jan 27 2010, 10:17 pm JaFF Post #5



I suggest you try making the messages shorter and simpler first, then resort to adding to the display time. People in general prefer reading more shorter messages than one big lump of text.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, MarineElite