Briefing
Jan 16 2010, 11:19 pm
By: Apos  

Jan 16 2010, 11:19 pm Apos Post #1

I order you to forgive yourself!

Hey all, yesterday, I decided to retry the Terran campaign on the Original starcraft. After I clicked on Tutorial: Boot Camp, this is what I saw:



My question is how did they make that "Skip Tutorial" button. I opened it in scmdraft and I saw that there was an empty trigger in the briefing so I wasn't sure if it was something that scmdraft couldn't do.




Jan 16 2010, 11:21 pm Falkoner Post #2



You can't do it, at least not in any form that would be useful, you may be able to add it into a map, but all it basically does is skip to a certain map, which may be specified already, so it couldn't be used online, and there's a good chance it's meant only for the campaign.



None.

Jan 16 2010, 11:24 pm Apos Post #3

I order you to forgive yourself!

I tried to open the map after exporting it from the .mpq and the button was removed. It could have been a cool thing if I could add this to my RPG where you could go back to previous mission.




Jan 16 2010, 11:26 pm Falkoner Post #4



Now that I think of it, it's likely that the only way to get it on a custom map, would be to replace the normal campaign map, because it's probably written into SC, rather than the map, to display that button on the tutorial mission.



None.

Jan 17 2010, 2:08 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #5

👻 👾 👽 💪

It's a trigger that SI didn't feel like including in SCMDraft (Hooray for incompleteness). Also, it only runs if you are in single player and in a campaign (I believe ... The code had two conditions). I hacked it so it worked any time, and all it does in multiplayer is restart the briefing.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2010, 2:18 am by FaRTy1billion.



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Jan 17 2010, 3:10 am Heinermann Post #6

memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes memes

This is old news.
http://www.staredit.net/wiki/scenario.chk_format




Jan 17 2010, 10:28 pm ImagoDeo Post #7



http://www.staredit.net/wiki/scenario.chk_format#Mission_Briefing_Actions_List



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry