Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: SCMDraft Corruption
SCMDraft Corruption
Jan 10 2010, 8:25 am
By: KilaByte  

Jan 10 2010, 8:25 am KilaByte Post #1



For the 11 billionth time, I've ran into another string corruption problem. This seems to happen way to often with SCMDraft2. I thought there was a forum for SCMDraft2 Issues but I can't find it so I'm posting here. Here is the error I get:

String corruption detected in line 1036, file.\CCHK.cpp.
String ID: 1027. String contents: Location 66
REPORT THIS!

I've tried loading backups, but for some reason they are all the same, and whenever I put a location down it's location 66. If I put the location down and save it, then reload it I get the above message. So... I know your probably all going to say that It's screwed and I'm going to have to try and find a usable backup, but I figured I'd report it anyway.



None.

Jan 10 2010, 8:29 am Falkoner Post #2



SCM Draft has problems whenever you go above 1024 strings, although it's supposed to be able to handle it, it glitches a LOT more once you hit that number.



None.

Jan 10 2010, 9:07 am NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from KilaByte
I've tried loading backups, but for some reason they are all the same,
I've never heard of this. Are you sure the version you are restoring has actually been different at the time of the backup?
Anyways, go back farther.
Quote from KilaByte
So... I know your probably all going to say that It's screwed and I'm going to have to try and find a usable backup, but I figured I'd report it anyway.
Correct, that's what we are going to tell you, plus what Falk said, stay below 1024 strings.

Btw. the topic for bug reports / suggestions is pinned. Hard to miss. However this problem is well known, so no need to report it again.




Jan 10 2010, 2:49 pm CecilSunkure Post #4



Location 66? Do you already have a location 66? If not, try creating the location and re-using an old string in place of the location name so that you don't take up another string. I can't remember if SCMdraft will delete your string of "Location 66" for you or not, if not then you can delete it yourself before saving.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry