Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Creep Colony with Mobile Grids
Creep Colony with Mobile Grids
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 12 2009, 6:29 pm
By: LazyCoder  

Sep 12 2009, 6:29 pm LazyCoder Post #1



I'm trying to get creep colonies to spawn around a creep colony that's already there in a plus sign (so immediately to the left, right, up, or down, no diagonals). It'll move them alright to the left and upwards, but they don't go the the right or downwards. I'm using overlords for mobile grids, I suspect that if I use a unit that's just ever so slightly larger, it might work.



None.

Sep 12 2009, 6:32 pm Kaias Post #2



http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Grid_Systems

Large air units like Overlord and Devourer are only 1.5, perhaps try using a 1x1 (scourges and observers alternated) grid extended out enough to get where you need.



None.

Sep 13 2009, 3:53 am LazyCoder Post #3



Thanks! I figured it out with a little experimentation:

An overlord, then a scourge was too much. Many scourges was just a pain in the butt. A two stage grid setup worked the best. For moving down or to the right, I changed from using overlords to using queens. I then used 8 scourges (remove 7) to go to the right, and 3 scourges (remove 2) to go downwards (I may have mixed those up).



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, Prankenstein, DarkenedFantasies