Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Giving a non-protoss unit shields
Giving a non-protoss unit shields
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 21 2009, 4:35 am
By: Beno  

Aug 21 2009, 4:35 am Beno Post #1



How do you give non-protoss units shields?
I've searched everywhere and can't find anything on the subject, but I've played a map before that did this so I know it is possible.
If anyone knows how to perform could you show me this.
I've tried just editing the unit settings in scmdraft but it defaults to 100 already and it doesn't seem to change at all, and there are no possible triggers I've seen that changes it.
I apologize if this topic is in the wrong forum section.
Thank you, and I do not mean to offend anyone in this post and if anyone finds this offensive I apologize also.
And if this is common knowledge please forgive my ignorance.
Cheers



None.

Aug 21 2009, 4:38 am Falkoner Post #2



Without modding, this is no longer possible. In older patches, it was possible to do through EUD actions, which is modifying memory using actions that cause a buffer overflow, however, this was patched quite a few patches back.



None.

Aug 21 2009, 4:39 am MadZombie Post #3



http://www.staredit.net/wiki/EUDs

You could do it with this or with modding. When did you play the map with the non Protoss shield units? I'm betting it was a very long time ago. Point is you can't give non Protoss units shield anymore.



None.

Aug 21 2009, 5:12 am Beno Post #4



Yes, the game i played was quite a while ago.
Thank you all for the help (and not flaming me to hell).
Cheers



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax