Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Death timers causing double trigger loops
Death timers causing double trigger loops
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 11 2009, 9:01 pm
By: Psycho_Gemni  

Aug 11 2009, 9:01 pm Psycho_Gemni Post #1



Hello everyone. I am brand new at applying hyper triggers and death timers to maps (Also brand new to these forums, loving it here already!), and that is where I believe to have problems...

I have the following trigger:

Code
Conditions:
    Always
Actions:
    Preserve Trigger
    Modify death count for player 8 - Subtract 1 for Timer-50sec


To work my timing trigger thingy:

Code
Conditions:
    Player 8 has suffered at most 1 deaths of Timer-50sec
Actions:
    Preserve Trigger
    Modify death counts for player 8: set to 150 for Timer-50sec


I then start to put triggers that get activated off of the timer:

Code
Conditions:
    Player 8 has suffered exactly 1 deaths of Timer-50sec
    Player 7 controls exactly 1 Orc Hut at location 'Orc Hut1'
    &etc...
Actions:
    Create 1 Orc Drudger at 'Orc Hut1' for Player 7
    Preserve Trigger


Now everything works all fine and dandy until I start adding on more triggers to be activated off the same timer:

Code
Conditions:
    Player 8 has suffered exactly 1 deaths of Timer-50sec
    Player 7 controls exactly 1 Orc Hut at location 'Orc Hut2'
    &etc...
Actions:
    Create 1 Orc Drudger at 'Orc Hut2' for Player 7
    Preserve Trigger


I add about 5 more of these triggers, different in spawn location and building requirements. But when I add even just the two above, all of the triggers then spawn two orc guys per trigger cycle!!!(?) I have tried very hard but just cannot wrap my mind around why in the heck it would do this.

I have tried many things. I have tried setting all the spawns to be activated at different times on the death timer. I have tried rebuilding the death timer using different unit deaths. I have tried setting them on timers of varying lengths (but always tied to the same timer). I have checked all the other triggers on the map and it doesn't seem that anything else interferes with them. I have tried other things I can't remember. Many things.

Anyway, I felt that it was finally time to ask the great gods of Starcraft mapping for help. What am I doing wrong? Why does it do this? Help is much appreciated!

Also I have hypertriggers set to wait 336milliseconds. So it should be checking triggers 3 times every 1.008 seconds, right?



None.

Aug 11 2009, 9:09 pm JaFF Post #2



Perhaps the spawn triggers are owned by a group of players? That's the simplest explanation that comes to mind from the information you've given. If that's not the case, please post (copy/paste) your triggers as they appear in the text trigger editor (in the same order, too).



None.

Aug 11 2009, 9:09 pm Kaias Post #3



What players did you give the triggers to?

Addition:
Starcraft checks the triggers top to bottom player 1 to player 8. If you have multiple players selected to own the triggers then it will run that many times every loop that they apply (granted that the conditions are still true when it get to the other players).

Another addition:
Selecting multiple players to own a trigger is the same as copying the trigger for each player and having each own it individually.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 11 2009, 9:17 pm by Kaias.



None.

Aug 11 2009, 9:24 pm Psycho_Gemni Post #4



Oh crap. That was so simple!!! You guys are totally correct. I had the trigger set for 'force 3' which has two computers in it. I switched the triggers over to 'player 7' and it behaved just fine! Thank you for the help! I'll keep that information in mind.

Nothing to do with death timers or hyper triggers at all. Ha ha. I'm too suspicious of new.



None.

Aug 11 2009, 9:31 pm JaFF Post #5



Glad we could help. :)

The problem is solved, so the topic can be locked. If you have any related questions, PM me or any other mod and this topic will be unlocked.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: WeirdoX4857, Sie_Sayoka, UndeadStar