Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: UNits attack, but dont attack
UNits attack, but dont attack
Jun 23 2009, 9:12 pm
By: Polkaman  

Jun 23 2009, 9:12 pm Polkaman Post #1



Hai!

I'm working on a Halo map for a contest, but i've come across a problem.

The enemy [p7] goes to the allies [p6] and the unit has the formation of attacking, but no hits occur. It's like manually attacking something that's hypertrigger allied. Like you see the unit attack, but there is no sign of it hitting and no damage.

See for yourself!

Help! The deadline is very soon and I dont wana die! D:

Attachments:
Halo Covenant Arrival v1.0.scx
Hits: 9 Size: 123.11kb



None.

Jun 23 2009, 9:22 pm Bolshevik Post #2



not sure that's a weird situation, maybe try changing orders to patrol



None.

Jun 24 2009, 7:15 am Echo Post #3



Look at your triggers again. You set player 6 to ally for player 7. Also, your placement of the unit is really bad. It's making the ghost move back after it's hit and they gather up into 1 spot, making it take a much longer time for player 6 to get killed.

You also didn't uncheck "Randomize Start Location" in your forces, not that it was the problem.
I changed that only those two things to make it easier for you.

Attachments:
Halo_Covenant_Arrival_v1.0.scx
Hits: 3 Size: 123.08kb



None.

Jun 24 2009, 9:35 am LokiArexon Post #4



I haven't glanced at your map, but if you have hyper triggers and "preserve trigger" on attack orders, that could be it. One sec I'll check now.

*edit* I'm 99% sure this is your problem. If you hypertrigger ranged units and then preserve order to attack, they will never get a shot off because they will be commanded to attack faster than they can fire. Now, I would have thought this would go away if I took it onto b.net, but that didn't fix it. I will try deleting your hypertriggers and see what happens.

*edit2* Deleting hypertriggers seems to completely break the map... sorry I would have to spend a lot more time playing with this to help you any more. You could maybe try throwing in a wait timer, like 1 ms to the attack orders. Otherwise I don't know. I also think that usually when this problem occurs the animation for firing doesn't happen, so I could be completely off base.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 24 2009, 9:52 am by LokiArexon.



None.

Jun 24 2009, 3:56 pm Polkaman Post #5



Ahhh, thank you so much Echo.
And @ Loki, the preserved attack was only for the spawning point of the units, not the whole map ^^

Thanks guys for ur help



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: @:@