Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: message beep wav file?
message beep wav file?
May 24 2009, 4:35 pm
By: flagitious  

May 24 2009, 4:35 pm flagitious Post #1



Does anyone know the file name in the mpq/exes of the beep sound that is played when someone types a message?

I have searched through all the sounds that I could find in all MPQ files and install.exe with no luck.

The reason I ask is at the start of my map, I would try to try giving the directions like it is a player saying them, people might be more likely to pay attention that way.



None.

May 24 2009, 4:53 pm Pigy_G Post #2



Behold.

Attachments:
untitled.bmp
Hits: 7 Size: 2304.05kb



None.

May 24 2009, 5:08 pm flagitious Post #3



Doh, thank you very much

The funny thing was I was already using this sound to alert players when someone died, I falsely assumed that the message beep one was different.

If clutter is disliked, delete this topic, since I don't see any potential value from it except to show my own stupidity.

flag



None.

May 24 2009, 8:09 pm Pyro682 Post #4



Quote
The reason I ask is at the start of my map, I would try to try giving the directions like it is a player saying them, people might be more likely to pay attention that way.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to recreate someone's name in that message.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring