Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Problem with Order Attack trigger
Problem with Order Attack trigger
May 11 2009, 12:53 pm
By: LhaN  

May 11 2009, 12:53 pm LhaN Post #1



Hhi, here again with another query. I have a problem, I need to play a trigger map Desert Strike. The trigger causes the units attacking move, but they use their special abilities. Using the trigger:
[CONDITIONS]
Player 1 brings ar least 1 SCV to 'Activate'.
[ACTIONS]
Issue order to all [any unit] owned by Player 2 at 'ForceA':attack to 'ForceB'.
Issue order to all [any unit] owned by Player 3 at 'ForceB':attack to 'ForceA'.

And the units in location ForceA is 5 marines and in location ForceB is 3 firebats and 1 medic, medics do not heal.
How I can solve the problem???

Also I need use the gost skill block, high templars storm, ...

What is the trigger that I need use?



None.

May 11 2009, 1:09 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Try patrol order.




May 11 2009, 1:17 pm NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but I can tell you in order to have computer controlled units use their spells/abilities they have to be in stop mode (= no order).
BY applying a melee AI like Insane they tend to use the spells more aggressively.

If you want to order spellcasters to move to a certain area and use their spell there you have to give the attack (will retaliate if attacked) or the move (will try to get there first, no matter what) order. But not patrol.
Some units however, and I think ghosts are included in this, are using their abilites also in patrol mode.
You'll have to test a bit to get best results. But don't expect wonders, because StarCraft's unit AIs are dumb as shit. That's one thing I learned from making Desert Strike.




May 11 2009, 1:24 pm LhaN Post #4



Thanks.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring