Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Direct Damage Issues
Direct Damage Issues
May 10 2009, 12:26 am
By: Septhiroth  

May 10 2009, 12:26 am Septhiroth Post #1



Hello everyone! I need some help on my map using the Direct Damage System. Currently the problem which I am encountering is when I move the scarab from the reaver, the scarab goes out of control. I want to make it so that my scarabs will only do damage on the unit my defiler casts darkswarm on (like the Direct Damage example map). Any helps would be great =D, ty!!

Note: Currently i'm using Random sucide as my ai script for the scarab



None.

May 10 2009, 7:05 am Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

They should target the closest unit. Maybe the targeted unit is invincible, and therefore the scarabs don't attack it?

If you followed the example map by the book, you shouldn't have a problem. If you can't find the error, I'd suggest posting the map here.




May 11 2009, 5:38 am Septhiroth Post #3



Sorry, lemme rephrase my problem. Currently I am trying to implement Direct Damage System in my map with the use of Dswarm. The issue I am currently facing is that my scarabs (do attack) with random suicide but after they kill one unit they move on and hit the next unit nearby. I simply want the scarab to appear under the unit and within that instant inflict the damage and be removed. However, when I tried removing them it didn't work. I also placed my reavers at bottom left.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring