spawn time?
May 5 2009, 11:47 pm
By: LooKe  

May 5 2009, 11:47 pm LooKe Post #1



So I'm using hyper triggers and death counters, but when I try and set it to spawn something every 10 seconds, its more like every 13. Is there a way to fix this? I have it set to 120 counters, or do I have to adjust accordingly.



None.

May 5 2009, 11:53 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Death count timings are arguable. On the fastest game speed, I've heard 1 second ranging from 11.5-12 deaths.

Game seconds are different from real seconds. Just subtract/add deaths until you get a time you appreciate.

Also make sure your hyper triggers are at the bottom of the list. This doesn't really matter for non-wait triggers, but some conspirators will insist that this is the problem.

Edit: I must object to Nude's objection on grounds of the scenario above not being clearly defined.

Edit2: I recall hyper triggers half-assing on my friend's map at one point. I couldn't find a reason (the hypers were owned by an unused computer and at the bottom of the list, etc) but putting the hypers under "All Players" worked (as long as you keep them at the bottom).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 5 2009, 11:58 pm by Roy.




May 5 2009, 11:53 pm NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

10 seconds real-time or game time?
Hyper triggers fire 11.8 times per real-time second (=> 120 counters) and 8 times per game second (=> 80 counters).

If that's not it then maybe you haven't wait(0)'s in your hyper triggers but slightly higher values?
Or do you have other short waits running that may block the hyper triggers for a short amount of time?

EDIT: I must object against Roy's recommendation to trial-and-error the right value. 3 seconds, that's 30% deviation! There must be other reasons instead of accuracy of calculation.




May 6 2009, 12:33 am LooKe Post #4



I have no wait blocks, and only wait(0)'s, I guess I will just deal with it.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[03:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[03:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
[2026-9-25. : 12:00 am]
Oh_Man -- he hasnt won a single game so far this is hilarious
[2026-9-24. : 11:41 pm]
Oh_Man -- new arty username Rage Against The Machine
[2026-9-24. : 10:14 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPXri8q9ZBs artys vsing the bot now
[2026-9-24. : 8:12 pm]
Ultraviolet -- do you even lift bro?
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lopingadoring