Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: p15 scarab and auto-attacking
p15 scarab and auto-attacking
Jun 5 2011, 11:52 am
By: FlashBeer  

Jun 5 2011, 11:52 am FlashBeer Post #1



Any work-arounds for units that don't auto-attack? I noticed that certain unit types for the computer stand around even when being attacked. Ideally, I would like everything to run as normal, just with 2x speed.



None.

Jun 5 2011, 5:26 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I am not too familiar with x2 speed, but I don't think default AI would behave differently from it. Make sure:

1. The computer units are placed/created after the scarab
2. The computer player has vision of its own units
3. The computer units are not owned by players 9+
4. The computer units aren't constantly being ordered or moved
5. The computer is not allied with the aggressor

With what units are you noticing this problem?




Jun 5 2011, 7:29 pm FlashBeer Post #3



It looks like heroes don't respond unless ordered, all other (non-turret) units behave normally. Turret-units have to be ordered. Patrol command seems to freeze up computer units. I think I've resolved the issue, but if anyone would like to post additional information about the p15 scarab effects, please do so.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[01:57 pm]
Oh_Man -- SEN is kinda like, a place wher u can be pretty much gauranteed u talking to a millenial, prob born around the early 1990s, its like a time capsule
[01:05 pm]
NudeRaider -- well he is calling himself weirdo...
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Wing Zero, Oh_Man