HAi thar Guys
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 8 2011, 5:49 am
By: WhiteChedderPopCorn  

Jan 8 2011, 5:49 am WhiteChedderPopCorn Post #1



So I have been away a very long time and I am trying to find the tutorials. I forgot how to do random item drops. Specifically I can't remember how to get the random switches right. Also, I am curious about the DC method. Been a year and I don't remember. If you could point me to the tutorials that would be great since I can't navigate this site anymore.

I remember little things like a repeating death counter and splitting something into increments with one, but that's about it.



None.

Jan 8 2011, 6:21 am poison_us Post #2

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

The wiki is rather hard to get to nowadays, I don't remember how to myself. Anyways, for randomization:

Triggers


The first trigger will randomize a single switch. The following two detect the switch's state, and would require additional conditions to prevent constantly dropping items. I put the Always condition in because I've found it's much easier for a switch to be constantly randomized, rather than wait for a pre-existing condition make it run. Of course, you can put multiple switches in, but this is a simple example giving only two outcomes.





Jan 8 2011, 6:25 am DevliN Post #3

Woah

This will help find the old Wiki articles/tutorials: http://www.staredit.net/topic/13129/



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Jan 8 2011, 5:23 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Randomization with switches is pretty easy actually. You randomize a bunch of switches and for each possible combination of set and cleared states of the switches you make a trigger with actions of one of your random events.

Number of possible combinations is 2^n where n is the number of switches. So if you need 10 combinations you need 4 switches (2^3 = 8, which isn't enough). Those 4 switches have 16 possible combinations so either make triggers for only 10 combinations and re-randomize if none of those combinations has been hit or use the 6 additional combinations to boost probability of a trigger getting selected by copying it and changing the condition to one of the 6 unused combinations.




Jan 8 2011, 11:56 pm DavidJCobb Post #5



Quote from NudeRaider
Randomization with switches is pretty easy actually. You randomize a bunch of switches and for each possible combination of set and cleared states of the switches you make a trigger with actions of one of your random events.

Number of possible combinations is 2^n where n is the number of switches. So if you need 10 combinations you need 4 switches (2^3 = 8, which isn't enough). Those 4 switches have 16 possible combinations so either make triggers for only 10 combinations and re-randomize if none of those combinations has been hit or use the 6 additional combinations to boost probability of a trigger getting selected by copying it and changing the condition to one of the 6 unused combinations.
If you understand binary, you may find this explanation a bit easier: you are randomizing each bit of an N-bit number, where N is the number of switches you use.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet