Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Centering Views!!
Centering Views!!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Sep 5 2010, 9:36 pm
By: Silver_Slug  

Sep 5 2010, 9:36 pm Silver_Slug Post #1



So, SEN, I'm having troubles with stuff when I center views on a location.
Basically, I have a trigger that centers the screen, except it also centers the mouse on that location.
What I want to be able to do is have the screen center, but the mouse stay in exactly the same spot.
I know it can be done, because I've seen it in maps.

Help?



None.

Sep 5 2010, 9:39 pm Azrael Post #2



That's what happens when you play in single-player. You need to test your map on B.net.




Sep 5 2010, 9:43 pm Aristocrat Post #3



As far as I know, Center View in single player does these things:

- Center the mouse to the middle of the screen.
- Make your screen move slowly and painfully to the location where it is centered
- Stop all triggers from running while the screen is being moved.
- Waits(0);

As Azrael has said, you need to test this in multiplayer. In multiplayer, Center View will do absolutely nothing except instantly make your screen snap to the new location.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE, Symmetry