Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: First Map on SC2
First Map on SC2
Aug 4 2010, 2:25 pm
By: Rain  

Aug 4 2010, 2:25 pm Rain Post #1



After about 5 hours of reading tutorials I decided to put my semi-new found knowledge to the test and make a showcase map to fool around on. Here are the results (link to map at bottom):


Picture of the top left of the map (yes I know the map itself is quite small).

I kinda tried to utilize a tide trigger with the water levels but it didn't seem to want to work. However I still like how the little "holes" in the top right portion sort of fill in and out (would have been cooler with the trigger i think).

I played with lighting a bit but it was a bit epileptic... slowing it down made it go even faster so I just left it out..

I know the waterfall could use A LOT of work. I figured out how to make a more decent one during the process of finishing the map but was too lazy to change it all (will have to wait for the next test map).

Anyway.. Enjoy (I hope).

Feedback is much appreciated as I'm still pretty clueless.

Attachments:
showcase_cavern.SC2Map
Hits: 3 Size: 225.43kb



None.

Aug 5 2010, 8:57 pm UnholyUrine Post #2



http://www.staredit.net/topic/11886/unread/#special

Check out the Bonus Quote...



None.

Aug 6 2010, 5:02 am Rain Post #3



sounds like fun. I'll try make one :)



None.

Aug 13 2010, 4:51 am StormTemplar Post #4



Im not claiming to be an expert but because I terrained in SC1 I had to disquise blocks without making it seem like I was hiding something, so all the trees on the hills and none on the right seem to not be one environment and state that you need to alot of doodads to make it look pretty.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, Ultraviolet