Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Transmission not displaying properly
Transmission not displaying properly
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Aug 3 2010, 2:42 pm
By: Aristocrat  

Aug 3 2010, 2:42 pm Aristocrat Post #1



I spent a bit working on the introductory cutscene for a map but can't get the last transmission from Raynor to display. I've checked it multiple times, and the trigger fires, but the transmission just doesn't show up/ping. What could be the cause of this? I'm pretty sure I haven't come anywhere close to the string limit just yet.

Attachments:
Yami no Teikoku.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 192.28kb



None.

Aug 3 2010, 2:44 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Wait block?




Aug 3 2010, 2:47 pm Aristocrat Post #3



Quote from NudeRaider
Wait block?

I used complex hypers with a death count so that most likely can't be the cause.



None.

Aug 3 2010, 3:20 pm rockz Post #4

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Transmissions are a shortcut for displaying many actions:
Display Text
Play Wav
Show unit portrait
Show circle under unit
wait

Whether or not you used complex hyper triggers doesn't matter. What matters is the location. I practically guarantee you have a wait block, assuming these conditions:
Hyper triggers are owned by a player other than 7 and 8.
You have one transmission or wait somewhere for a player earlier on in the game or the trigger.

Really the only thing it can be if the trigger fires and yet the trigger doesn't finish is a wait block. One way to test is put in a verifiable action (create unit) before and after each part of the trigger.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 3 2010, 3:21 pm Ahli Post #5

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Can u tell us which one doesn't work?
the last transmission in the list is under player 6. That must be player 1 like all other transmission.
Everything is displayed properly then.

That ling was removed during the Nuke ;'(
I wonder if he died...




Aug 3 2010, 3:25 pm Aristocrat Post #6



Quote from Ahli
Can u tell us which one doesn't work?
the last transmission in the list is under player 6. That must be player 1 like all other transmission.
Everything is displayed properly then.

That ling was removed during the Nuke ;'(
I wonder if he died...

Oh F-. That was the problem. Thanks xD!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[03:25 am]
Symmetry -- the best part is that he perfectly summed up SEN's discord
[03:12 am]
Ultraviolet -- WeirdoX4857
WeirdoX4857 shouted: Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
Joined: Yesterday, 12:08 pm Last Active: Yesterday, 12:14 pm , truly a glorious 6 minutes.
[03:11 am]
Ultraviolet -- :lol:
[2026-9-29. : 2:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE, Symmetry