Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Smallest Map Size & Stacking
Smallest Map Size & Stacking
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jul 19 2010, 1:34 pm
By: BiOAtK  

Jul 19 2010, 1:34 pm BiOAtK Post #1



I was wondering what the smallest possible non-crashable map size is. I'm almost certain there's a way to make a map that covers only the screen and won't crash. Dimensions/details on that?

In addition, for my upcoming map Descent of Heaven, I'm trying to use an idea I've had for a while for a spell system. I remember reading a while back about someone who managed "dual-wielding" by stacking sprites or something so that two stacked units could attack. Details?



None.

Jul 19 2010, 3:57 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

64x64 is the smallest regular size. If you want irregular sizes you have to play a regular map first after each restart of starcraft or you will crash.

You place a disabled sprite unit in the editor and then run these actions on it to make it a full unit:

Doodad state enable
disable
enable
enable
order to move

I'm not sure if you can skip one of the doodad state toggling, but it should work that way.
During this process you may not have vision of the unit or you'll crash. Many units crash even without vision.
After that the unit is a regular unit without a collision box.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 19 2010, 4:42 pm by NudeRaider.




Jul 19 2010, 4:38 pm BiOAtK Post #3



God I love you so much NR. This is exactly what I wanted. <3 <3 <3



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob