Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Adding Anti-hack to map
Adding Anti-hack to map
Apr 16 2010, 7:05 am
By: Teslawave  

Apr 16 2010, 7:05 am Teslawave Post #1



Hi, I'm currently making a new version of my map, The Undead Madness, but i want to add an anti-hack to the map so it drops hackers. I noticed A LOT of hackers on battle.net nowadays and would greatly appreciate the help. I also am going to lock the map using uberation, but if theres a better program to use to lock it please recommend it. Please reply or post message me, my map is complete but i wont release it without antihack, I'll also post it on this site with credit to the one who helps me figure it out. thanks



None.

Apr 17 2010, 2:00 am DavidJCobb Post #2



Good luck. Most hacks can't be detected by maps. At all. The most well-known (AFAIK) hack, Oblivion, can even hide itself from [wiki=EUDs]EUD[/wiki]-based detection, and that stuff can read SC's RAM directly.

You could add a DEFEAT-based banning system, but there's an app hack for that. I think it's commonly called the "staying alive" hack, and it allows a hacker to stay in-game even after the match ends. Forcing a hacker to view a [wiki=Crashlist]crashing unit or sprite[/wiki] is also ineffective, as at least one hack (Oblivion) protects its users from such crashes.

Basically, no. If your map depends on anti-hacks, you're royally screwed.



None.

Apr 17 2010, 2:42 am Cinolt Post #3



Map vision data is allocated dynamically as far as I tested, so you can't use EUD detection for an anti map hack. However, there's no way for any hack/program to prevent an EUD desync banning system even in theory. Here's a link for it: http://www.staredit.net/topic/10381/ but it's quite involved so if you don't even know what EUDs are I wouldn't say it's worth the effort.

http://www.staredit.net/topic/10081/ is considered a good compressor nowadays, but remember any map can be unprotected really, so you should aim for compression, not protection.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[2026-9-28. : 4:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[2026-9-28. : 4:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[2026-9-28. : 4:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[2026-9-28. : 4:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[2026-9-28. : 1:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Roy, NudeRaider, Prankenstein