Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Creating Interceptors via Triggers
Creating Interceptors via Triggers
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 24 2010, 2:53 am
By: Palathism  

Feb 24 2010, 2:53 am Palathism Post #1



I am working on a defense map that requires triggers to create interceptors with adjusted HP/SP percentages and send them along a path.

How do I get the triggers to create the interceptors, and if it is any different, how do I order them to do things?



None.

Feb 24 2010, 3:13 am Apos Post #2

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote
4. Thou shalt use the Wiki *, Search, and Google. You might find your answer before posting and thus not have to open a topic.
Always wanted to say that ;-)
Ordering interceptors




Feb 24 2010, 3:14 am Lethoth Post #3



First, you can't directly create an interceptor with a trigger. You need a carrier. When you have the carrier(s), place a target so they will attack, make a trigger to move the interceptors where the carriers are, to the location you want. If you want me to explain everything, I'd be happy to, but I need your answer. Anyway here's an article about it: http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Ordering_and_Using_Interceptors/Scarabs
As I said, if you need my personal help I would make a test map too if you want.



None.

Feb 24 2010, 3:19 am Palathism Post #4



Quote
First, you can't directly create an interceptor with a trigger. You need a carrier. When you have the carrier(s), place a target so they will attack, make a trigger to move the interceptors where the carriers are, to the location you want. If you want me to explain everything, I'd be happy to, but I need your answer. Anyway here's an article about it: http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Ordering_and_Using_Interceptors/Scarabs
As I said, if you need my personal help I would make a test map too if you want.

Thank you very much, Lethoth. You've been of great help!



None.

Feb 24 2010, 3:20 am Lethoth Post #5



I'm glad I can help, so will you need a test map or anything else?



None.

Feb 24 2010, 3:25 am Palathism Post #6



I like to mess with triggers myself, find out how they work for myself and such.
I just know I've seen maps using them in that manner and I couldn't get it working right.
From what I knew and what I got from 5 seconds of reading that wiki, it's working :D

Thank you again!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE