Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Detecting When Unit Unburrows
Detecting When Unit Unburrows
Dec 10 2008, 5:58 am
By: SiN  

Dec 10 2008, 5:58 am SiN Post #1



I'm trying to find a quick system to detect when a zergling unburrows.

My previous test involved using a dropship. Whenever the dropship unloaded a marine the marine was reloaded and a burrowed zergling was created underneath. I then created a cloaked wraith over the zergling that could kill it in one shot after it saw it. However, it took at least half of a second for the wraith to take a shot after the zergling unburrowed, which is too slow. And i do not like the look of the zergling's death.

I know that i could fine tune this system more but i would like a more accurate way to detect when a zergling unburrows.



None.

Dec 10 2008, 6:10 am DrunkenNoodle Post #2



One method I can currently think of is having a DT or another unit be constantly moved to a 1x1 location following the ling. If the DT is in the 1x1 location, the zergling would be burrowed. If the DT is not in the location, then the zergling is unburrowed.



None.

Dec 10 2008, 6:27 am SiN Post #3



That's a good idea.
But I'm worried how long it would take for the dt to move.
And preferabely, I wouldn't want the dt to obstruct ground units.
I will try it though



None.

Dec 10 2008, 6:30 am DrunkenNoodle Post #4



You can use triggers to move the DT.



None.

Dec 10 2008, 8:28 am rockz Post #5

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Burrow_Detection



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Dec 10 2008, 2:54 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

You need to make sure that you don't use a 1x1 tile location. You need a location that is smaller than the unit which you want to detect when it's burrowed.




Dec 12 2008, 3:41 am SiN Post #7



Oh i see how this works now.
Thank you very much rockz



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[02:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[02:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[02:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[01:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[01:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[01:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[01:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: thetexaslawdog