Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Is there a map editor that actually works?
Is there a map editor that actually works?
Feb 3 2020, 9:27 pm
By: bukman  

Feb 3 2020, 9:27 pm bukman Post #1



So I have tried the default Starcraft 2 map editor and have become fairly proficient. I have a lot of great ideas I would like to implement but every time I use this program it throws out random problem which have no solution, it crashes, freezes up, and mods completely destroy the map I'm working on. After days of work I find myself inevitably having to start ALL OVER from scratch again, which brings me to my question:

I have searched far and wide for an alternative but ZERO of them seem to be working. . .as in. . .they dont even open at all. I recently found SCMDraft 2, but I get an error code right out of the gate saying it cant find the game data.

Is there ANY PROGRAM that actually works or am I stuck with the default map editor?




Feb 3 2020, 10:13 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

ScmDraft is for Starcraft 1: Broodwar. There are a few other editors for scbw out there but they are vastly outdated and outperformed. ScmD is still in active development, so we will be able to help you run it.

However you opened saying you used the Starcraft 2 editor which would be the Galaxy Map Editor. If that's the case you posted in the wrong forum section, but no worry, I can move it.
For SC2 there's only Galaxy Edit as far as I'm aware and it's known to be a resource hog and crash often. (fitting your description)




Feb 3 2020, 10:21 pm bukman Post #3



Quote from NudeRaider
ScmDraft is for Starcraft 1: Broodwar. There are a few other editors for scbw out there but they are vastly outdated and outperformed. ScmD is still in active development, so we will be able to help you run it.

However you opened saying you used the Starcraft 2 editor which would be the Galaxy Map Editor. If that's the case you posted in the wrong forum section, but no worry, I can move it.
For SC2 there's only Galaxy Edit as far as I'm aware and it's known to be a resource hog and crash often. (fitting your description)

Oh my bad. Sorry about that. That would be great thank you.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[2026-10-09. : 2:53 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: I'll check it out this weekend!
Thanks
[2026-10-09. : 2:47 am]
Symmetry -- I'll check it out this weekend!
[2026-10-09. : 2:40 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Symmetry
Symmetry shouted: Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
I invite you to try out the map I modified. I don't have the creativity to create maps from scratch, but I do have the know-how to modify existing ones; my project is to tweak community campaigns (specifically those with errors—to make them playable.
[2026-10-09. : 2:27 am]
Symmetry -- Another map maker? Damn we really ARE back
[2026-10-09. : 1:51 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Now that I wanted to change my avatar, the error image is showing up, haha.
[2026-10-09. : 1:34 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
I invite you to try out a mission I'm modifying from *StarCraft Reversed*; I'm trying to make it more playable and challenging.
[2026-10-09. : 1:33 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: Mr.BurnLiquid actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
Thanks; I'm new to the site and a Spanish speaker. I must have missed the part where it was prohibited—I'll change it now.
[2026-10-09. : 1:31 am]
Ultraviolet -- Mr.BurnLiquid
Mr.BurnLiquid shouted: Ultraviolet Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
actually yeah though I wasn't really saying it to narc on you. It just caught me off guard because I don't usually see it (because it's against the rules) "The avatar may not be bigger than 150x150 pixels". Kinda silly that it relies on users to be well behaved rather than just limiting the dimensions on uploads :lol:
[2026-10-09. : 12:20 am]
Mr.BurnLiquid -- Ultraviolet
Ultraviolet shouted: https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Is it forbidden to have a large avatar?
[2026-10-09. : 12:04 am]
Ultraviolet -- https://staredit.net/profile/133367/ dude's avatar is massive
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Symmetry