Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Mobile Locations and Order Triggers
Mobile Locations and Order Triggers
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 14 2010, 8:52 pm
By: Pinky  

Feb 14 2010, 8:52 pm Pinky Post #1



Ok well bumped into an odd error...

I have a location being constantly centered (preserve trigger) on a unit. I have a trigger where the unit *lures* all the units around him on top of him. I do this by ordering all the units in his vicinity (I actually have two mobile locations actually a big one and a small one) to ATTACK to the small location.

I am finding that the units keep running RIGHT, continuing past the location all together, would anyone know what this is?



None.

Feb 14 2010, 9:20 pm JaFF Post #2



Perhaps the location they are ordered to attack is centered on 'anywhere'. Then they would run right if your hero/whatever was in the left side of the map.

Just post the triggers, it would be much easier to find the error that way.



None.

Feb 14 2010, 9:36 pm NudeRaider Post #3

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Yeah sounds like a trigger error. Or are you using the "make these units patrol" ai instead of order to patrol action?
Besides you don't need 2 locations. Order the units inside the big location to patrol to the big location and they will move to the center.




Feb 14 2010, 10:04 pm Pinky Post #4



Tried what you said hmmm they still move to the right....

CON
activate spell
ACT
set DC to 1
deactivate spell
preserve

CON
DC is 1
ACT
add DC 1
order all men owned by Force 2 at location BIG LOCATION attack to location BIG LOCATIOn
preserve

CON
DC is 16
ACT
set DC to 0
preserve


They move to the right and then sorta turn around and come back at me once the spelll finishes. If I spam the spell they just go right for miles.

EDIT: sorry guys found the problem. I was using the DC for something else which I can't remember, I just changed to a different unit type and it works fine now.

Thanks.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE