Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Sounds from Diablo 1 and Diablo 2
Sounds from Diablo 1 and Diablo 2
Feb 13 2010, 2:55 am
By: Lanthanide  

Feb 13 2010, 2:55 am Lanthanide Post #1



I'm looking for the 'level up' sounds from both Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. I know you can use MPQ viewers to extract the sounds, but I can't find my CDs. Does anyone know where I can get these, or alternatively could extract them for me?

I've done quite a bit of googling but haven't turned up anything useful. I tried going to 'desktop theme' websites as game themes usually crib from the game, but the few that I found (seems like it was more of an early 2000's fad) didn't have these sounds (which really surprised me because they're kind of obvious attention-grabbing sounds).



None.

Feb 13 2010, 4:49 am payne Post #2

:payne:

http://www.staredit.net/files/277/
That might contain what you are searching for.



None.

Feb 13 2010, 6:52 am Falkoner Post #3



Can't WinMPQ extract the sounds from both games? Or does Diablo use a different format? Torrent the CDs and pull the data off of them?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2010, 7:07 am by Falkoner.



None.

Feb 13 2010, 9:12 am rockz Post #4

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

There is no "level up" sound for diablo.

What are you looking for? Here's the d2 one.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 13 2010, 9:44 am Lanthanide Post #5



Hmm, I thought there was one for D1. The D2 one is what I wanted, although now that I've heard it, it may not work so well after all.

The archive from Payne looks perfect, though. It doesn't have all of the D1 sounds, but it's got the spell effects which are the really useful ones for my purposes. There are actually quite a lot of unused spell effect sounds in there, although some of them sound like they might've been reused in D2.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 13 2010, 9:54 am by Lanthanide.



None.

Feb 13 2010, 4:30 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Msg me if you want some special ones, I've extracted all wavs.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: RIVE