Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Protecting a map.
Protecting a map.
Feb 9 2010, 11:41 pm
By: Balizk  

Feb 9 2010, 11:41 pm Balizk Post #1



When I execute PROEdit it shows this error message:

Quote
Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

It was working perfectly before installing Windows 7, I searched but found nothing.... Any ideia ? I can't use it anymore because of Windows 7 ? :wtfage:



None.

Feb 9 2010, 11:54 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

register comdlg32.ocx then.

Alternatively, use a compressor rather than a protector. Tinymap has the side effect of protection. You can find all sorts of programs in the database.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 10 2010, 1:03 am Falkoner Post #3



Yeah, if you're gonna use PROEdit to protect your map, you might as well use TinyMap, it's just as effective against unprotectors. You can see a list of protectors here, also, be sure to check some of the unprotectors, as most of them also have protection capabilities.



None.

Feb 10 2010, 1:53 am Balizk Post #4



Quote from rockz
register comdlg32.ocx then.

Alternatively, use a compressor rather than a protector. Tinymap has the side effect of protection. You can find all sorts of programs in the database.

Tinymap shows the same error message, and how does I register comdlg32.ocx ? :wtfage:


Quote from Falkoner
Yeah, if you're gonna use PROEdit to protect your map, you might as well use TinyMap, it's just as effective against unprotectors. You can see a list of protectors here, also, be sure to check some of the unprotectors, as most of them also have protection capabilities.

I tried all of them and none of them seems to work O.O
StarCraft Map Cracker (it just shows some strange letters as error when I try to run)
Special Protector (The language DLL 'vb6ko.dll" could not be found.)
Shadow Protector (followed the instructions but it doesn't protect)
TinyMap (mentioned above)

and I did everything that was here: http://www.staredit.net/files/1804/&load=comments

:( I going to sleep now and tomorrow I'll be busy... so later in the week I going to try again :(



None.

Feb 10 2010, 2:06 am Kenoli Post #5



Slurp slobber

Attachments:
comdlg32.ocx
Hits: 2 Size: 149.27kb



None.

Feb 10 2010, 2:27 am fat_flying_pigs Post #6



speaking of tiny map... when is tiny map 3 gonna be released? (or what ever the new version is called)



None.

Feb 10 2010, 4:24 am Falkoner Post #7



That would be TinyMap 2, and bug Farty if you want it released sooner :P



None.

Feb 11 2010, 3:10 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #8

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Falkoner
That would be TinyMap 2, and bug Farty if you want it released sooner :P
I've almost gotten a user-friendly version finished. :D
Compression wont be 100% completed, but it still outperforms all of my expectations (unlike TinyMap1).



TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Feb 11 2010, 3:25 am Lanthanide Post #9



I'm very interested in using tinymap 2 for my map when it's done, so consider yourself bugged, Farty.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet