Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Can someone help me decipher/break down this?
Can someone help me decipher/break down this?
Feb 9 2010, 3:27 pm
By: Oo.DaMeiN.oO  

Feb 9 2010, 3:27 pm Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #1



These were PM's sent back and fourth between me and someone. If you could help me understand them better it would be great. I left out some of them due to it not being needed.

Code
Well to see where SC is being patched you'll need a debugger to see the code. It would go something like...

Original SC code:
00000001 add [ecx+2A], eax
00000002 mov edx, ecx
00000003 test edx, edx

But the maphack when injected changes the code to something like...

SC after injection:
00000001 add [ecx+2A], eax
00000002 jmp zmaphack
00000003 test edx, edx

What you could then do is test to make sure that offset 00000002 equals exactly what the bytes are when = to the command mov edx, ecx. (Which is 8BD1 hex) and if that offset = exactly that, then create a unit for that player somewhere real fast. If someone had the hack injected their offset would not be equal to 8BD1 and thus a unit would not be created for them which would then cause a desynce. I won't be surprised if that really didn't make any sense to you. You would have to know some ASM/programing for it to really make any sense. It would probably be easier for me to just create a detection trigger for it myself.

What do you mean? Like it's something like 1173EC, 2273EC, 3373EC, etc? I'm pretty sure (without looking into it myself) that a mh's offsets are going to be dynamic each time. Not including the actual patches.


Code
I only know some basic HTML/Java/VB so yeah, that didn't.

I understand the change that occurs, but I don't know how to actual find it.

And, for the other thing.

It's like.. one time the address will be 006417710, next will be 005347710, next time 102357710 the 7710 never changed, just the other digits.

And most the time the first 3 would be the same too.

And I know this is a direct effect due to the MH, 'cause the value changes occordingly.

IE; disabled value = 0, Lite = 1 and Full = 2.

And I can take that address and put it into a EUD and it'll work until I reset SC, but next time I crash.


Code
Yeah it's going to be dynamic. The offset locations/bytes you are looking at is often referred to as the "hex dump" where bytes are written/read to and from. There is another location that actually has the code instructions on how to perform everything that starcraft does. This dictates where bytes are written to and from. When a hack is injected these commands are changed and give starcraft new commands to follow. EUD's can detect these changes if you know exactly where it is that the changes are taking place. I referred to them as patches before, they are also called pointers.


I can't find the "patches" he is referring to and I can't get into contact with him now and I would like to get better at EUD's so I can keep updating Anti-EUD's.

Thanks :)



None.

Feb 9 2010, 7:29 pm rockz Post #2

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I don't know ASM at all, but what I got from that was it's dynamic, and thus you can't detect it without knowing where it is. However, I believe he's saying you can detect all the possible locations of the maphack, so long as you know where they all are. Pointers is the term I have heard before, and they refer to an address based on some input data. It may help to look up some guides on cheatengine's help site, in particular the ones with dynamic memory.

The best way to detect a maphack is to detect its effects. That would mean, if you can see the top left square of the screen, you're hacking. The problem is that it's dynamic as well. If you want to figure out anything with dynamic memory, figure out how to detect that.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet