Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Getting rid of some sound
Getting rid of some sound
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Feb 6 2010, 10:36 pm
By: Newb  

Feb 6 2010, 10:36 pm Newb Post #1



Is it possible to get rid of the music that plays when you're in a map?

Is there any good music files out there that could be listened to during most of the game? The original one sucks and is annoying.



None.

Feb 6 2010, 10:38 pm Kaias Post #2



Quote from Newb
Is it possible to get rid of the music that plays when you're in a map?

Is there any good music files out there that could be listened to during most of the game? The original one sucks and is annoying.
You can toggle the Starcraft music (ctrl+M), but you can't force the player to play your map without the music on.

As for music files, you'll have to find those on your own.



None.

Feb 6 2010, 11:22 pm Dem0n Post #3

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Newb
Is it possible to get rid of the music that plays when you're in a map?

Is there any good music files out there that could be listened to during most of the game? The original one sucks and is annoying.
What do you mean "The original one sucks"? Blizzard has made some of the best gaming music that I've ever heard.




Feb 7 2010, 10:40 pm Newb Post #4



Like the installation background music that plays while your playing. I never really noticed how bad it was because I always listen to music while playing Starcraft, but then I played it with sound... WOW :crazy:

P.S. It says Starcraft isn't a word. That is a fail for a website like this -.-



None.

Feb 7 2010, 10:54 pm Lt.Church Post #5



Quote from Newb
Like the installation background music that plays while your playing. I never really noticed how bad it was because I always listen to music while playing Starcraft, but then I played it with sound... WOW :crazy:

P.S. It says Starcraft isn't a word. That is a fail for a website like this -.-

I'm a genius and don't realize that spell check is from my browser / operating system and not a site. also heads up no one is going to help you if you badmouth the game we all love :-_-:



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, MarineElite