Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Problem with opening a map with SCMDraft 2
Problem with opening a map with SCMDraft 2
Feb 5 2010, 1:38 am
By: Oo.DaMeiN.oO  

Feb 5 2010, 1:38 am Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #1



It says this when I attempt to open it:

Opening protected maps disabled!(F:\Starcraft\maps\Mine\snipersblind\SnipersBaldLocks.scm). Compile with -IGNORE_PROTECTION option set

Just as a sidenote, I used OSMap and opened it, and it works.. but it confused me, because this is a map I just started making from scratch and saved and tried re-opening and got this.

I would like to know why this is for future reference, because if I have to re-open after saving and get this again I'll be mad due to it renaming my locations/units.



None.

Feb 5 2010, 1:52 am samsizzle Post #2



it usually only says that if a map is protected or unreadable... Don't forget people protect maps for a reason.



None.

Feb 5 2010, 1:56 am Oo.DaMeiN.oO Post #3



It was my map Sam, I had just started it less than an hour ago and only saved it using SCMDraft 2. I got done with class and went to start it back up and that happened.



None.

Feb 5 2010, 3:17 am ManaShield(Radiant) Post #4



There used to be a bug where if you opened the map in another editor then braught it back to scm draft 2 it would do that.

Not that this is an answer to your problem, just throwing that bit in..

It used to happen to me all the time, but I only use scm draft 2 now ;)



None.

Feb 5 2010, 4:15 am fat_flying_pigs Post #5



did you try unprotecting it? It could fix the corrupted part of the map..

Quote
Compile with -IGNORE_PROTECTION option set
anyone know how to do this..?



None.

Feb 5 2010, 6:08 am samsizzle Post #6



i dont think its possible to ignore protection, and do you have the latest scmdraft damien?



None.

Feb 5 2010, 6:19 am Falkoner Post #7



Well, SCM Draft is actually made to respect protection, even though it could easily read past it, however, the public versions don't do that, that error was probably something you could do if you had the source for SCM Draft.



None.

Feb 5 2010, 12:38 pm NudeRaider Post #8

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

ScmDraft (at least older versions) give that error when you try to open a write protected (file property) map.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet