Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Deleting Locations
Deleting Locations
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 31 2010, 6:38 am
By: Pinky  

Jan 31 2010, 6:38 am Pinky Post #1



Ok, I deleted a location. Now I have this weird glitch where if I own a Terran Barracks anywhere on the map it spawns 4 medics in one area.

I'm guessing there is some trigger I have somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it. Is there some sort of "trigger search" function in SCMDraft?



None.

Jan 31 2010, 6:42 am Neki Post #2



Copy the trigger code into either Word or Notepad, and then just use the search function there. That's what I always do.



None.

Jan 31 2010, 8:19 am fat_flying_pigs Post #3



Wait.. what happens if you have a trigger that says "Make 1 medic for current player at location X" if location X does not exist? What if the location was made then deleted after? (that's deleted, not ctrl-z)



None.

Jan 31 2010, 11:18 am Kimaru Post #4



Did you create a new location after you deleted your location? In my experience, creating a new location after deleting one is not a good idea, as all triggers using the deleted location will have missing locations. The newly created location will go in the triggers in place of the deleted one.



None.

Feb 1 2010, 1:44 am Pinky Post #5



Yeh I did, I'l just copy into notepad and search for the name of the new location, brb.

Uhh how do I copy the trigger code? I use classic trigger edit btw.



None.

Feb 1 2010, 1:56 am Neki Post #6



Just go into the trigger editor (text-based one) and select all, copy, and then paste into notepad.



None.

Feb 1 2010, 2:11 am Pinky Post #7





That's what mine looks like, what am I supposed to copy/paste?



None.

Feb 1 2010, 2:54 am Neki Post #8




I don't know why yours is all weird to be honest. ;o Old version of SCMDraft or am I crazy?



None.

Feb 1 2010, 5:13 am Pinky Post #9



Could you perhaps link me to the version of SCMDraft your using? I'm using one I got from SEN.



None.

Feb 1 2010, 5:15 am Neki Post #10



http://www.stormcoast-fortress.net/temp/Scmdraft2-setup.rar
Just try re-downloading/re-installing SCMDraft 2 again. Mine is just 0.8.0



None.

Feb 1 2010, 5:32 am ImagoDeo Post #11



Quote from Pinky
Could you perhaps link me to the version of SCMDraft your using? I'm using one I got from SEN.

Yeah, you need the new version. The older versions had a glitch that rendered TrigEdit useless. It's been fixed; all you have to do is redownload and reinstall.

Problem fixed.



None.

Feb 1 2010, 7:35 am Pinky Post #12



Hmm mine is Beta 0.8.0

I'll redownload anyway, maybe somethings corrupted it. I do use a copy/paste starcraft after all!

EDIT: Ok i re-installed and it worked! I'll contact you if I find the bug.



None.

Feb 1 2010, 9:01 am rockz Post #13

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from Pinky
Hmm mine is Beta 0.8.0

I'll redownload anyway, maybe somethings corrupted it. I do use a copy/paste starcraft after all!

EDIT: Ok i re-installed and it worked! I'll contact you if I find the bug.
There's 20 versions of 0.8.0. SI is working on the current version and updates the temp version. The last official one was a while ago, but the newer version (linked here, and in the SCMDraft sticky) has the same version number.

I think your trigedit was corrupted. Trigedit is simply a plugin, so you can easily use older versions of it, or newer versions.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Feb 1 2010, 1:22 pm Pinky Post #14



Finally found out! I was using them to modify supply!!

Lol I had no idea what that trigger was.

Thanks for the help guys, can now be locked.



None.

Feb 1 2010, 4:55 pm NudeRaider Post #15

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from rockz
There's 20 versions of 0.8.0. SI is working on the current version and updates the temp version. The last official one was a while ago, but the newer version (linked here, and in the SCMDraft sticky) has the same version number.
Actually only the old versions are "pure" 0.8.0. When he started fixing stuff he added a 'b' ( 0.8.0b ) and the most recent version from the stickied topic is 0.8.0.1.
But yes, even these versions come in different builds.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet