Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: desync at start of map
desync at start of map
Jan 30 2010, 8:00 pm
By: ClansAreForGays  

Jan 30 2010, 8:00 pm ClansAreForGays Post #1



So at the start of my map, player(s) will desync/drop. If it's a full house game, it's always player 4, but it changes depending on how many ppl have joined. What could be causing this? Even without protection it still happens.

[attach=5713]

EDIT:
I'm posting this in Null because I'm apparently suspended from SD for two years (I just noticed, lol :P ). Though technically Null, it'd be nice if people pretended that this was Light Discussion, just to keep spam out. I'll post my own views in a later post; if I posted them right now, it would fit under SD rules and a cruel person might move it to where I can't reach it.

Attachments:
Europe_Zombies_2.0[un].scx
Hits: 1 Size: 179.87kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2010, 2:47 am by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts




Jan 30 2010, 8:47 pm Falkoner Post #2



Not that I know of, does your map use EUDs, extended units/players or anything of that sort?



None.

Jan 30 2010, 10:45 pm ClansAreForGays Post #3



No. I don't even use hyper triggers. The only extended thing I use are player colors.

EDIT:
Good News: I'm not entirely %100 certain this is always true, but after much testing I've found that if you try to run the ai script "load units into nearest bunker" as soon as the game starts, ppl will desync.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 31 2010, 2:48 am by NudeRaider. Reason: merged posts




Jan 30 2010, 11:26 pm Falkoner Post #4



Really..? That's certainly a new idea, and I swear there've been plenty of maps that do that, well, hopefully you figure it out for certain.



None.

Jan 30 2010, 11:37 pm ImagoDeo Post #5



Are you using any units belonging to extended players? If so, that's referencing a buffer overflow - likely to drop mac users. Extended colors are also very likely to drop mac users, since that also references a buffer overflow. I tried using 65 in a map once and two of my friends who use macs desynced; it's a shame, since it was a really cool color, too.



None.

Jan 31 2010, 12:10 am Falkoner Post #6



Extended players actually modify crap, so I can understand that dropping, but I don't think Extended colors will, they might look different between machines, but they're a client-side only thing, so it seems like they wouldn't drop, unless somehow the color picked caused crashes..



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet