Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Pacifist Zerglings
Pacifist Zerglings
Jan 27 2010, 2:01 am
By: Biophysicist  

Jan 27 2010, 2:01 am Biophysicist Post #1



In my RPG, I decided to make the computer units more aggressive by constantly centering a location on the hero and giving all enemies in the location the Patrol order every eight trigger cycles. It works to an extent: The enemies will chase the hero. However, it is possible to confuse them, making them neither move nor attack for much longer than eight cycles. (I timed it at at least two seconds once before the unit died.) This produces rather lulzy-but-stupid things such as "pacifist Zerglings" and so on for no apparent reason. Any advice?

EDIT: inb4spam about how I won't finish the map



None.

Jan 27 2010, 2:06 am Kaias Post #2



Hero units will follow you to the ends of the earth.



None.

Jan 27 2010, 2:08 am Biophysicist Post #3



Quote from Kaias
Hero units will follow you to the ends of the earth.
But I don't want my ling and zlot enemies to have the speed upgrade, and I want enemy spellcasters to cast. ;o



None.

Jan 27 2010, 3:38 am NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

slow them down -.-




Jan 27 2010, 3:40 am Biophysicist Post #5



There's dozens of enemies at points. I don't have enough locations or patience to code something that can slow that many units at once.



None.

Jan 27 2010, 3:44 am stickynote Post #6



Run the AI script strategic suicide mission. The computer will chase you no matter where you are. They don't need to be able to see you.



None.

Jan 27 2010, 3:44 am Neki Post #7



How about you quickly refresh the enemies commands by giving them to another player and back after like, eight cycles? I don't know if that would do anything, but it's worth a try. :P



None.

Jan 27 2010, 5:56 am Lanthanide Post #8



I found this on various threads when I searched for how the "nuke here" script works.

There is an AI script called "Clear Previous Combat Data" and the description is "Removes any orders to comptuer units.".

That might be useful for you?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet