Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: units for player 12
units for player 12
Jan 26 2010, 4:56 pm
By: okeee  

Jan 26 2010, 4:56 pm okeee Post #1



If you create a mineral field for player 1, it seems that it is owned by player 12. So is it possible to create mineral fields for player 1, owned by player 1 and create it directly (without using: give unit)?



None.

Jan 26 2010, 5:19 pm CecilSunkure Post #2



You can preplace units with a map editor that are owned by specific players. As for creating in game resources owned by specific players, you'll have to test that out as I've never bothered to try.



None.

Jan 26 2010, 5:50 pm ImagoDeo Post #3



Quote from CecilSunkure
You can preplace units with a map editor that are owned by specific players. As for creating in game resources owned by specific players, you'll have to test that out as I've never bothered to try.

Well, SCMD gives you the following warning message when you place a mineral field for a player other than P12:

"Resources placed for player other than neutral. May not appear in StarCraft."

Not sure what it means. I don't think it would do anything more than crash you or glitch something.



None.

Jan 26 2010, 6:15 pm okeee Post #4



Preplacing for player 1 works ok, I don't get the message or any crash either. But I can't get ingame creating minerals for player1 to work.



None.

Jan 26 2010, 6:39 pm rockz Post #5

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

If you can't create or give it, then it can't be done. You'll have to make do with preplace or player 12.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 26 2010, 6:55 pm Neki Post #6



I'm just wondering what use you would need for a p1 mineral field that couldn't be accomplished by using a p12 mineral field?



None.

Jan 26 2010, 7:33 pm ImagoDeo Post #7



Quote from name:Taylor Swift
I'm just wondering what use you would need for a p1 mineral field that couldn't be accomplished by using a p12 mineral field?

My point exactly. You run into problems that aren't worth the benefits, none of which I can see (if they even exist).



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: UndeadStar, MarineElite