Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: SCMdraft crashes
SCMdraft crashes
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 25 2010, 4:59 am
By: o_o (TheGatePro) ~_~  

Jan 25 2010, 4:59 am o_o (TheGatePro) ~_~ Post #1



I don't know where to post this but I figure posting it here might be good.

When ever I click strings, it crashes. Recently, I click locations, and when I made a location, it crashed.

Is it my computer, or what is happening.

Oh yah, I'm running it on Vista.



None.

Jan 25 2010, 5:35 am Neki Post #2



The only thing I can think of is that you might have hit the string limit and/or reached the max amount of space allocated to strings in the map, besides that, no idea.



None.

Jan 25 2010, 7:30 am Lanthanide Post #3



Sounds similar to my problem (on Windows 7 x64)
http://www.staredit.net/topic/9608/#203848



None.

Jan 25 2010, 7:54 am EzTerix Post #4



I had this problem on one of my maps before. I managed to isolated it just to the strings section and get rid of the error from the locations.

Although I forgot how....xD.

I think one way is to delete the backup database. Make sure you have a spare file of your game



None.

Jan 25 2010, 2:14 pm NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I recommend renaming the backup database. It'll have the same effect, but you can reverse it.
Besides you could try using an older version that used to work. This way you know if it's something you done recently or just ScmDraft acting up.




Jan 25 2010, 9:54 pm Riney Post #6

Thigh high affectionado

The only way Ive found to fix this problem is to use an older version.



.riney on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

Sure I didn't pop off on SCBW like I wanted to, but I won VRChat. Map maker for life.

Jan 25 2010, 11:58 pm o_o (TheGatePro) ~_~ Post #7



I downloaded the most recent one and it worked, thanks and please lock!



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry