Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: What the heck is EUD?
What the heck is EUD?
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 22 2010, 5:00 pm
By: Kyrax  

Jan 22 2010, 5:00 pm Kyrax Post #1



What are EUD? Is it just Hex Editing maps or what? I've been out of the loop for so long I don't know these things anymore :><:



None.

Jan 22 2010, 5:18 pm Norm Post #2



Extended Unit Death.

It is an advanced mapping technique that is in no way tr00. You can use it to do some crazy shit that normal mapping techniques can't do like detect key-press.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 5:32 pm Kyrax Post #3



tr00? You mean Hex Editing? xD

How would one go about learning these EUD?



None.

Jan 22 2010, 5:35 pm Norm Post #4



Quote from Kyrax
tr00? You mean Hex Editing? xD

How would one go about learning these EUD?

No, I meant it's not considered tr00 because a lot of experienced mappers think that EUD's are not a good technique to use because they kind of take away the challenge of finding work-arounds - which for some people is one of the fun things about mapping - and for a lot other the reason why mapping has been so popular so many years after SC is released.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 6:43 pm Kyrax Post #5



Quote from Norm
Quote from Kyrax
tr00? You mean Hex Editing? xD

How would one go about learning these EUD?

No, I meant it's not considered tr00 because a lot of experienced mappers think that EUD's are not a good technique to use because they kind of take away the challenge of finding work-arounds - which for some people is one of the fun things about mapping - and for a lot other the reason why mapping has been so popular so many years after SC is released.

I guess I'm confused with your tr00 statement....

I haven't mapped for quite some time (and lately because I've been out of a computer xD) but I plan on getting back into it if I ever have spare time from making music, writing my novels, going to school, finding work, Programming, and Web Design.... xD

I've heard the term EUD thrown around for a year or two (I remember when they first became known) but really didn't know what it meant, or what you could do with them..



None.

Jan 22 2010, 6:45 pm CecilSunkure Post #6



They are used as trigger conditions to read portions of SC's memory. You can detect far more with EUDs than with normal conditions. They are limited in quite a few ways, and aren't worth the trouble in most cases, in my opinion. You would be better off just learning binary countoffs and single switch randomization than learning EUDs.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 6:47 pm Kyrax Post #7



Quote from CecilSunkure
They are used as trigger conditions to read portions of SC's memory. You can detect far more with EUDs than with normal conditions. They are limited in quite a few ways, and aren't worth the trouble in most cases, in my opinion. You would be better off just learning binary countoffs and single switch randomization than learning EUDs.

Binary Countoffs? How does this work in a game that you cannot look at the code for? O.o

Single Switch Randomization? Using one switch, that randomizes itself?



None.

Jan 22 2010, 7:27 pm NudeRaider Post #8

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Read the EUD sticky. It's stickied for a reason.
Also read to the wiki (and search and google) on any other topic you want information about. This is part of the http://www.staredit.net/topic/3639/.

If all that doesn't give you the answers you need, you may request to have this topic reopened.

>> Locked




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry