Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Setting Players as enemies
Setting Players as enemies
Jan 22 2010, 2:17 am
By: Newb  

Jan 22 2010, 2:17 am Newb Post #1



After about 5 seconds player 7 seems to ally player 8 no matter what triggers I have... Really big problem. I even copied every trigger and pasted into a word document and searched for ally and enemy and then nevered all of them, then created a new trigger, Set P8 enemy of P7... Still didn't work. Without a trigger saying Set P8 enemy of P7, P7 won't even attack P8.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 2:20 am Falkoner Post #2



Are you running the Set Alliance Status action under the player you're trying to change the alliance of?



None.

Jan 22 2010, 2:21 am UnholyUrine Post #3



... Same force, with "ally" and "allied victory" checked... ?



None.

Jan 22 2010, 2:51 am Newb Post #4



My forces look like this

Force 1................Force2
P1........................P4
P2........................P5
P3........................P6

Force3.................Force4
P7........................P8


Trigger("Player 7"){
Conditions:
Always();

Actions:
Set Alliance Status("Player 8", Enemy);
Preserve Trigger();
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

I have also tried making the trigger for both P7 and P8



None.

Jan 22 2010, 2:53 am NudeRaider Post #5

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You are playing the wrong map.




Jan 22 2010, 2:56 am Newb Post #6



What??? I have no idea what that means...



None.

Jan 22 2010, 4:07 am ImagoDeo Post #7



Quote from Newb
What??? I have no idea what that means...

Most maps go through two stages. In early production, before any Broodwar units have been placed or before more than 64 locations are used, the map is labeled '.scm' for StarCraft Map. Once a broodwar-specific setting of any kind is put in, the map is resaved as '.scx', for Broodwar Map, and poof you now have two identically named maps in your folder... except that one is .scm and one is .scx.

It's likely that you aren't playing the right one, which would most likely be the .scx. Now, that's the most likely explanation, but there could be other problems. If this isn't the problem, and you're sure of it, post the map.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 4:33 am Newb Post #8



So I need to save my map as .scm? Because I only have 1 map, ( a few backups too ) that I can see when I play the game.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 10:17 am NudeRaider Post #9

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

The map can be scx or scm it doesn't matter (except if you exceeded the scm limits, then it'll have to be scx), but you should make sure you are playing the newest version of your map.
Change something obvious. Like a terrain patch. And check in game if the change applied.
If not, there's your problem.
If yes, post the map.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 23 2010, 9:11 am by NudeRaider. Reason: typo




Jan 22 2010, 8:15 pm Newb Post #10



I know it's the right map... So that means?? :><:



None.

Jan 22 2010, 8:36 pm ImagoDeo Post #11



Quote from Newb
I know it's the right map... So that means?? :><:

Post the map and we'll see if we can help you.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 8:43 pm Newb Post #12



Well I hope you find what's wrong... And don't laugh it's obvious to you because it might not be to me :ermm:
The easiest way to tell P7 allies P8 is in the top right corner where my DDS is.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 22 2010, 8:52 pm by Newb.



None.

Jan 22 2010, 9:23 pm ClansAreForGays Post #13



Is this map stolen?




Jan 22 2010, 9:46 pm Newb Post #14



This is my map...



None.

Jan 23 2010, 2:11 am fat_flying_pigs Post #15



I could be be this vision to self. If p7 unvisions himself, then he will not attack player 8.



None.

Jan 23 2010, 4:55 am Newb Post #16



Wow, genius. I had that trigger to only do it at a certain location though, so I don't know why it was causing it everywhere. Although, both teams units will walk past each other half of the time, and not fight. I don't know if this is caused by the same thing though.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 23 2010, 5:01 am by Newb.



None.

Jan 23 2010, 9:19 am NudeRaider Post #17

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

You can't set vision at a location unfortunately. It's a player setting.

"You can't attack what you can't see." That being said, it's obvious that he won't attack anything (although you only stated he won't attack P7) unless he's given vision from another player.




Jan 23 2010, 3:54 pm Newb Post #18



So in a map where the two armies of P7 and P8 fight each other, I should give P7 and P8 vision to everything?



None.

Jan 23 2010, 5:22 pm rockz Post #19

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

If p7 and p8 are computers, why does it matter if they don't have vision at some location?



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Jan 23 2010, 6:46 pm Newb Post #20



It was for an arena fight, but I figured out a better way to do what I wanted, I just never removed that trigger. But do you know why the units won't really fight each other still?



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry