Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Interceptor Problem
Interceptor Problem
Jan 21 2010, 3:52 am
By: Newb  

Jan 21 2010, 3:52 am Newb Post #1



I've been trying to move an interceptor to a location, then make it go somewhere. But it goes straight back to the ship... I did the set generic command and make unit patrol. It would be nice if someone could probably just give a full explanation on how to do this trick, because I am obviously clueless.



None.

Jan 21 2010, 3:56 am Falkoner Post #2



You use Set Generic Command Target where you want it to go, and then center a location on the interceptor(make sure that location is at least a fine grid-size in SCM Draft, pixel sized locations won't work), and run the Make These Units Patrol AI, you may have to repeat the second AI a few times, recentering the location each time, before the Interceptor will finally take the order, and after that it doesn't need to be given the order constantly, but you can if you so choose. Note that the Make These Units Patrol script doesn't just effect the interceptor, any other units hit with the AI will also attempt to go to the Generic Command Target, so be careful when using it with the Interceptor around other units.



None.

Jan 21 2010, 4:05 am Newb Post #3



That's already what I have ( I believe )
Well this is what my trigger looks like

The Interceptor Moves to location B, and is supposed to go to location A

Trigger("Player 2"){
Conditions:
Bring("Player 2", "Protoss Interceptor", "Int" At least, 1);

Actions:
Run AI Script At Location("StTg", "A");
Run AI Script At Location("StPt", "B");
Preserve Trigger();
}

//-----------------------------------------------------------------//

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 21 2010, 4:27 am by Newb.



None.

Jan 21 2010, 4:47 am Falkoner Post #4



I would try actually centering a location on the interceptor a few times, and rather than resetting the generic command target each time, set it once, and simply center a location on the interceptor and run the Make These Units Patrol AI on the interceptor repeatedly.



None.

Jan 21 2010, 5:09 am UnholyUrine Post #5



What's happening is probably the endogenous "attack" ai is overriding your triggered AI...

Is the Comp Player which you are using for the interceptors unallied with any uninvincible units that may be near where you're moving the interceptors?

... Basically, if the interceptor sees any attackable units, it'd wanna attack it... but since it's too far from the carrier, it will go back to the carrier first.



None.

Jan 21 2010, 10:06 pm Newb Post #6



I'm not for sure if the location centering would work because I need about 10 interceptors to spawn around the same area, at the same time. Do you know how I could do it?



None.

Jan 21 2010, 10:13 pm Falkoner Post #7



Well, if you can also just use a larger location, or the Anywhere location, but as I said, you have to be careful about it affecting other units.



None.

Jan 21 2010, 10:36 pm Newb Post #8



Ohhh... Well that just won't work then I guess. With a chance of it effecting other units isn't worth the chance since it'd ruin it. Considering I'm using P1-P8 in the game. I guess I'll have to use scorges since they are also fast, just not 'as' fast.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry