Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Mine Minerals AI
Mine Minerals AI
Jan 16 2010, 2:46 am
By: LoveLess  

Jan 16 2010, 2:46 am LoveLess Post #1

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I want to make a worker mine specific patches, upon command. He will have access to every patch as the need arises and a return center to travel back to.

Is this possible? If so, what AI and how would I go about ordering him to each patch? This is, of course, a computer controlled worker.



None.

Jan 16 2010, 3:22 am ImagoDeo Post #2



Quote from LoveLess
I want to make a worker mine specific patches, upon command. He will have access to every patch as the need arises and a return center to travel back to.

Is this possible? If so, what AI and how would I go about ordering him to each patch? This is, of course, a computer controlled worker.

I'm pretty sure that the 'Terran 1 - Shareware' AI can be used for remote mining as specified. You'd have to have a seperate location per patch. I'm not certain that any repeats beyond the first use of the AI will overwrite it; it may simply give the worker 2 different locations with that AI running in them. You'll have to run some tests.



None.

Jan 16 2010, 3:26 am LoveLess Post #3

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from ImagoDeo
Quote from LoveLess
I want to make a worker mine specific patches, upon command. He will have access to every patch as the need arises and a return center to travel back to.

Is this possible? If so, what AI and how would I go about ordering him to each patch? This is, of course, a computer controlled worker.

I'm pretty sure that the 'Terran 1 - Shareware' AI can be used for remote mining as specified. You'd have to have a seperate location per patch. I'm not certain that any repeats beyond the first use of the AI will overwrite it; it may simply give the worker 2 different locations with that AI running in them. You'll have to run some tests.
Alright. I will do that, thanks for narrowing down the search.



None.

Jan 16 2010, 5:12 am Neki Post #4



You might be able to make some super fake system by making him attack burrowed units, and then giving him a mineral chunk power-up, removing it at the command center. :P



None.

Jan 16 2010, 5:53 am LoveLess Post #5

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I was hoping for a quick and painless system, but it's proving very tasking as it is... Sigh. Wish I could just make him ignore certain patches, but he wants to mine the minerals closest to the resource collector. Sigh, oh well. Work around, go go go...



None.

Jan 16 2010, 4:51 pm ImagoDeo Post #6



Wait, what, the SCV ignores that the location is centered on a specific mineral field? That's odd.
Did you tell it to mine that one first? If so, try telling it to mine a different one to begin with, then switch to another field.
It could be that the SCV is ignoring further AI commands, and so you might have to remove and replace the SCV with a newly created one when you switch mineral fields.



None.

Jan 16 2010, 6:28 pm Falkoner Post #7



Do the AIs mine minerals from patches owned by players other than 12? If so, perhaps you could temporarily disable certain patches.



None.

Jan 16 2010, 10:26 pm LoveLess Post #8

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from ImagoDeo
Wait, what, the SCV ignores that the location is centered on a specific mineral field? That's odd.
Did you tell it to mine that one first? If so, try telling it to mine a different one to begin with, then switch to another field.
It could be that the SCV is ignoring further AI commands, and so you might have to remove and replace the SCV with a newly created one when you switch mineral fields.

It's not a big deal, I ended up just making the worker attack. I really liked it mining though, would have been easier.

Quote from Falkoner
Do the AIs mine minerals from patches owned by players other than 12? If so, perhaps you could temporarily disable certain patches.
I tried this in various manners, to see if the count mattered, mineral type, player control, etc. It seems that it's priority is in relation to firstly, how close the patch is to their command structure, then how close they are to the next patch. It goes in that order, as for the most part, it gets the closer one first, then depending on where it the worker ended up afterward, it went to that one. I decided to just say screw it though.

Consider this problem unsolved and worked around.




None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry