Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Minimap Player Colors
Minimap Player Colors
Jan 12 2010, 6:47 am
By: Leon-037  

Jan 12 2010, 6:47 am Leon-037 Post #1



Alright, so I'm trying to make a blue fade on the mini map, changing colors using the crystals. Problem is I can't seem to find the right colors for a blue then slowly changing to black and all. I used the PColor Program that I found in the database to check out all the colors but some of them appear differently on the mini map. So I was wondering if there was anyone good with colors and could recommend me which ones to use for a good color fade. Also I need to know the best way to trigger the fading. I mean I don't like from it starting going from bottom to top, left to right. If there's a better way like maybe going diagonal or something. Please and thanks. Sorry for being lazy and not trying out all 255 colors D:



None.

Jan 12 2010, 6:52 am poison_us Post #2

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

The colors will vary from tileset to tileset, and no single tileset supports all 255 colors AFAIK.
If you've been bruting it, you'll notice most of the time there's a group of 7 or 8 very similar colors...look for one blue on your tileset, then go from there.

As far as the fade effect itself, you'll have to be more specific. Is it a small area? Are they all buildings? And can any unit move and possibly mess up a preset trigger?





Jan 12 2010, 7:01 am Leon-037 Post #3



Hmm? How do the player colors vary from tileset to tileset?

For the fade effect, it's a word spelled out with crystals from the Powerups section, I want it to be going from blue changing to black then back to blue. No unit will be interrupting it.



None.

Jan 12 2010, 7:18 am poison_us Post #4

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Quote from Leon-037
Hmm? How do the player colors vary from tileset to tileset?
See for yourself...open up PColor, and select a random color [try something in the 30's]. Now change the tileset between all of them. The minimap color, IIRC doesn't stay the same either.

Quote from Leon-037
For the fade effect, it's a word spelled out with crystals from the Powerups section, I want it to be going from blue changing to black then back to blue. No unit will be interrupting it.
Well that's good. Gimme the name of the powerup, the number, all that good stuff if you give me a screenie of what you've got, I can give you triggers that'll change the colors on the minimap later today. I'm going to bed soon, sorry :P





Jan 12 2010, 7:24 am Leon-037 Post #5



I don't really got anything.. I was only testing colors a while ago but I just got lazy D:



None.

Jan 13 2010, 12:11 am poison_us Post #6

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

I was talking about the units...but that's alright.




Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry