Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Units shooting like rnd beacon def
Units shooting like rnd beacon def
Jan 10 2010, 7:08 pm
By: ShadowDancer  

Jan 10 2010, 7:08 pm ShadowDancer Post #1



I've got a problem with my map. I tried to make map like rnd beacon, but when enemy unit get out of "tower" range tower do nothing. I tried to change ally status, but after this units like ghost often not shooting(only animation is displayed). Any better ideas?



None.

Jan 10 2010, 7:24 pm Biophysicist Post #2



More details are needed.



None.

Jan 10 2010, 9:34 pm Positively Post #3



Uh this often happens when I play the game myself. It happens when like a goliath is attacking a unit... then when it gets out of range, the goliath keeps on trying to attack it. In doing so, it stops attacking everything else. When the unit gets back into range, the goliath will attack that one unit until it is dead.

Solution : No idea. XD



None.

Jan 10 2010, 9:36 pm Neki Post #4



Maybe you could periodically reset the unit order of all the units? I have no idea though, as I'm still fuzzy on what the main problem is.



None.

Jan 10 2010, 9:56 pm CecilSunkure Post #5



You can constantly order the Goliath to patrol to the position it is at. This way it will acquire targets only within its range. If that is undesirable, you could also just order it to patrol to its location between intervals of time. To do so, you can center a location permanently onto each tower, or cycle through all towers throughout all the players with a single location. If you are going to do this, then you need some sort of mechanism to allow cycling to occur. I suggest using burrowed units, or maybe the beacon under the tower units (not sure if there is a beacon in the map you are referring to), or maybe even the tower unit itself (I don't recommend this though).

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 10 2010, 10:13 pm by CecilSunkure. Reason: Typo



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry