Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Unused Upgrades?!
Unused Upgrades?!
Jan 3 2010, 8:16 am
By: Kenshin23  

Jan 3 2010, 8:16 am Kenshin23 Post #1



So it came to my attention tonight that you ARE able to edit the damage on psi storm without modding SC. Now I also noticed there are a few other unused upgrades and was wondering what they all do. I've noticed 1 giving workers upgrades and then psi storm. I'm hoping to be able to edit other spells damage with these for example; Yamato, Plague, Irridiate...

Wondering if anyones got more info on the subject.
-Ken



None.

Jan 3 2010, 8:24 am Kenoli Post #2



Quote
I also noticed there are a few other unused upgrades and was wondering what they all do
Absolutely nothing.

The last one is the only one that does anything. It affects a lot of stuff.
See list here: http://www.staredit.net/wiki/Upgrades



None.

Jan 3 2010, 8:31 am Kenshin23 Post #3



Quote
Absolutely Nothing

Is this because you know for sure? I do see Yamato, Irridiate and plague on this list. It does say that "most" other spells dont have any effect. I guess I will test it out myself. Thx for the link Kenoli!



None.

Jan 3 2010, 3:37 pm NudeRaider Post #4

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

What Kenoli meant was the other upgrades in the "unused" list. When you change them none of the upgrades or spells existing ingame will be changed.
But the last of these upgrades (Upgrade 60) is changing a whole bunch of stuff. Psi storms, seeker spores, building armor etc.
It WILL add to the upgrade level of irradiate, yamato gun, etc. but since the upgrade damage is set to 0 it effectively does nothing.

Also look at the list more closely and read the note:
Quote
NOTE: Upgrades marked with an asterisk essentially do nothing.
In case you don't know, this is an asterisk: *




Jan 3 2010, 4:03 pm Kenshin23 Post #5



Quote
Also, most spells do not gain any improvements.

Sorry, I saw this and figured there was a few spells effected by the upgrade. I was trying to find out which those would be. Yes, I DO know what an asterisk is.. thanks Nude.



None.

Jan 3 2010, 4:43 pm Symmetry Post #6

(Killer_Kow)

Most of the spells have 0 bonus (upgrade) damage, so while they will be technically affected by the upgrade, they will gain no extra damage.



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Jan 3 2010, 5:02 pm Pinky Post #7



I thought 0 in starcraft isn't actualy 0 when it comes to damage? its some decimal



None.

Jan 3 2010, 5:46 pm EzDay281 Post #8



Quote
I thought 0 in starcraft isn't actualy 0 when it comes to damage? its some decimal
Attacks will deal a minimum of 1 damage (bearing in mind that what you see in-game is halved; 1 damage internally is 0.5 on the display, which of course is rounded down). Thus, nothing can do 0 damage. An attack can, however, gain 0 damage, and be unchanged.



None.

Jan 3 2010, 5:49 pm Ahli Post #9

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Pinky
I thought 0 in starcraft isn't actualy 0 when it comes to damage? its some decimal
0 damage equals 0.5 damage. But 0 upgrade damage equals 0.
The min. damage dealt is always 0.5.




Jan 3 2010, 7:44 pm rockz Post #10

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

you can also deal fractions of damage. There is no rounding involved here. A vulture attacking a tank for 3 damage (after armor bonuses) will do .75 damage.

1 damage is actually 256 damage, and .5 damage is 128, .75 is 192, etc...

The minimum damage you can do per attack is 128. The maximum damage you can do is 33553920.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Zycorax, Symmetry