Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Unable to open map for testing
Unable to open map for testing
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 27 2009, 6:46 am
By: Biohazard  

Dec 27 2009, 6:46 am Biohazard Post #1



I feel as if it's something incredibly simple, and I'm just not getting it, but here is the problem:

I have three players (one is computer) on the map. All three have units/buildings, and have start locations as well. I save the map, attempt to open it up on SC to see what the Terrain is like, in-game, and it will not open (Error has occurred). I look at the map file, on StarCraft, and it says 0 Players | 0 Computers.

There is one trigger, which allies Force 1 & Force 2, but aside from that, there's nothing else.

I cannot figure out what's wrong, and I have also included the map itself, to see if anyone else can assist me.

Please, and thank you, for any and all assistance.

-Bio

Attachments:
zombie.scx
Hits: 2 Size: 72.76kb



None.

Dec 27 2009, 7:00 am Apos Post #2

I order you to forgive yourself!

I didn't see any start location.




Dec 27 2009, 7:03 am Biohazard Post #3



Quote from Apos
I didn't see any start location.
I opened the map up, just to be sure, and there are three start locations, one by the cannons for white, and two by the ghosts, for p1 & p2.



None.

Dec 27 2009, 7:09 am Apos Post #4

I order you to forgive yourself!

Quote from Biohazard
Quote from Apos
I didn't see any start location.
I opened the map up, just to be sure, and there are three start locations, one by the cannons for white, and two by the ghosts, for p1 & p2.

Those were beacons. Unless they can replace them? Probably not since it didn't work :D




Dec 27 2009, 7:12 am Biohazard Post #5



Quote from Apos
Quote from Biohazard
Quote from Apos
I didn't see any start location.
I opened the map up, just to be sure, and there are three start locations, one by the cannons for white, and two by the ghosts, for p1 & p2.

Those were beacons. Unless they can replace them?
:sadwalk:

Wow. I knew it was something simple... I wish there was a facepalm emoticon. I thank you for your help, lawl.



None.

Dec 27 2009, 7:12 am Apos Post #6

I order you to forgive yourself!

Always there when needed!




Dec 27 2009, 7:14 am NudeRaider Post #7

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

Quote from Biohazard
I wish there was a facepalm emoticon.
But there is... :





Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob, DarkenedFantasies