Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: Unit Movement Speed
Unit Movement Speed
Dec 23 2009, 7:04 pm
By: emptyy  

Dec 23 2009, 7:04 pm emptyy Post #1



I know of the burrowing system, and I'm trying to implement it into a map. The only problem is I can't create a damn burrowed unit. I tried the 'Create Unit with Special Properties' in SCMDraft, except it just creates the zerg unit without any special properties... What am I doing wrong? I just want to create a burrowed zerg unit!



None.

Dec 23 2009, 7:16 pm NudeRaider Post #2

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

The player owning the unit has to have burrowing researched by default.




Dec 23 2009, 7:17 pm JaFF Post #3



Two things could've gone wrong:

1. Burrowing is not researched for the player you're creating the burowed units for

2. If you're using over 64 sets of properties in the 'create units with properties' action, it won't work.

EDIT: Just so you know, you can achieve the slowing effect by creating air units above your unit also.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob, DarkenedFantasies