Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: SCM Draft 2 Keeps Crashing...
SCM Draft 2 Keeps Crashing...
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 20 2009, 4:36 pm
By: BaneOfRome  

Dec 20 2009, 4:36 pm BaneOfRome Post #1



Need I say more? Everytime I try to save my map (using the Save As from the File menu) I get this error...

Caption : Microsoft Visual C++ Library

[Error Icon] Runtime Error!

Program C:\Users\xxxx\Downloads\SCM Draft 2\SCM Draft 2.exe


This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

End of Error

I tried saving using the button on the toolbar and also tried reinstalling (downloading) the program. Needless to say, neither worked. Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.



None.

Dec 20 2009, 4:55 pm poison_us Post #2

Master has given Dobby a doctorate! Dobby is free!

Have you installed it outside of your download directory? If not, you might wanna try saving it in your starcraft directory...that's what I did.




Dec 20 2009, 5:56 pm BaneOfRome Post #3



I just tried moving the folder to my Starcraft folder and the same problem occurs with the only change being the directory in the error.



None.

Dec 20 2009, 8:09 pm Roy Post #4

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I haven't encountered this error before, but I'll take a random stab at it.

1. Download the latest version or the stable version.

2. Click "Edit" when selecting your profile when you start SCMDraft 2. There should be three MPQs in the "Data MPQs" section. Be sure that they are addressed properly to your Starcraft folder. If not, remove them and browse for the three MPQs and add them. The MPQs are stardat.mpq, broodat.mpq and patch_rt.mpq.

3. A common save error many people experience (though the error is unlike yours) is having too large of a backup file. Open the SCMDraft 2 folder and view the size of the backupDB.scmdDB file. If it is well over 1gb (usually causes problems around 2-3gb) delete the file.

If neither of these two solutions helped, it would be helpful to know a little more information. Was SCMD2 not working just recently, or has it never worked on your computer? What is your operating system? Does this happen with only one map, or any map you try to save?




Dec 20 2009, 9:22 pm BaneOfRome Post #5



You were damn accurate for just taking a stab. The backup file was 2.12 gbs, and after deleting it, I could finally save normally (no "Not Responding" for 10 seconds).

Thank you for you help. This topic can be locked now.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[02:43 am]
Symmetry -- I'm doing my best, damn it
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: MobMob, DarkenedFantasies